Ace of Cups for your ex ...

Libra289

As your ex's feelings for you, how would you interpret Ace of Cups as their feelings? I see the card as 'an emotional beginning' of a seed of emotion, not yet manifested. We're on good terms and have been friends for years/keep in regular contact.

What so you think? :)

tarotbear

I'd say that is a much better card than the Ace of Swords - which would indicate the 'Ex-ing process' was hard, dramatic, or prolonged.

Libra289

I'd say that is a much better card than the Ace of Swords - which would indicate the 'Ex-ing process' was hard, dramatic, or prolonged.

I agree! After a few crossed words, he told me that he'd love to 'try again' ... which I assumed meant going back to being friends as we always were but maybe he meant a relationship.

Intotouch

I have had this card come up for unrequited love. One person feels the love, one person makes the offer.

PeonyInLove

I like the ace of cups. I've gotten it for how someone feels about me and although it could be somewhat wishful thinking on my behalf, I do truly believe it means romantic love. Of course not the 'I'm so in love with you lets get married tomorrow' kind of love. But that feeling you get when you first start loving or caring for someone. It can be a bit overwhelming because the feeling is so raw. But love is there all the same, it's just hasn't been acted upon yet or maybe not fully realised? Just some thoughts xx

Grizabella

In this situation, I'd see it as being the kind of love that remains for the good qualities that were in the lost relationship. My late husband held no hard feelings for his ex's and they stayed friends till he died. All his ex's came to his funeral, too. To begin with, I didn't appreciate the ex bit---especially when his ex-wife came to visit and spend the weekend with his daughter---but eventually, I realized that it was truly just his loving nature that had nothing to do with sexual attraction or a desire to rekindle things with the ex-loves and ex-wives.

I think if he's saying "try again", he surely means maybe being open to rekindling the relationship. The potential for love is certainly still there.

tarotbear

I think it was Arthur Miller that wrote "You never stop loving someone you've loved."

As much as my marriage crumbled quickly and ended horribly (I divorced him and have a restraining order against him), it doesn't mean there weren't good times (trips to Ireland, Scotland, and Switzerland) ... however, for me it would be an Ace of Swords for my Ex.

Tathome

I feel that the ace of cups definitely seems to signal that you'll have another relationship with him. Sometimes the ace of cups (in my readings) has come up in a situation where the love was temporary or it was something minor that never really grew into anything. But if you nurture the (like you said) seedling of love then I definitely think that it can grow into something larger/more longterm.

Regardless of your reading, it sounds like he wants to get back together. Of course, if it is mutual, I think that everything points to going for it!

Good luck :D

Libra289

I have had this card come up for unrequited love. One person feels the love, one person makes the offer.

Hmm, well it is only one cup so I can definitely see that in this card!

I like the ace of cups. I've gotten it for how someone feels about me and although it could be somewhat wishful thinking on my behalf, I do truly believe it means romantic love. Of course not the 'I'm so in love with you lets get married tomorrow' kind of love. But that feeling you get when you first start loving or caring for someone. It can be a bit overwhelming because the feeling is so raw. But love is there all the same, it's just hasn't been acted upon yet or maybe not fully realised? Just some thoughts xx

Yes, sounds about right. Maybe he loved me but didn't realise it? I don't know, he was always caring and affectionate and always treated me well. I find it strange that an ace appeared after knowing this person for so long haha!

In this situation, I'd see it as being the kind of love that remains for the good qualities that were in the lost relationship. My late husband held no hard feelings for his ex's and they stayed friends till he died. All his ex's came to his funeral, too. To begin with, I didn't appreciate the ex bit---especially when his ex-wife came to visit and spend the weekend with his daughter---but eventually, I realized that it was truly just his loving nature that had nothing to do with sexual attraction or a desire to rekindle things with the ex-loves and ex-wives.

I think if he's saying "try again", he surely means maybe being open to rekindling the relationship. The potential for love is certainly still there.

Thank you, Griza! I think he must be very confused about what he wants, I wouldn't want to rekindle anything with him. Maybe he thinks he feels love on a romantic level, but really it's just a deep love in a platonic way ... that's why the ace showed, because that's what he *thinks* he feels :p

I think it was Arthur Miller that wrote "You never stop loving someone you've loved."

As much as my marriage crumbled quickly and ended horribly (I divorced him and have a restraining order against him), it doesn't mean there weren't good times (trips to Ireland, Scotland, and Switzerland) ... however, for me it would be an Ace of Swords for my Ex.

Yeah, so maybe this ace is symbolising softer feelings rather than a horrible ending with some regrets :)

I feel that the ace of cups definitely seems to signal that you'll have another relationship with him. Sometimes the ace of cups (in my readings) has come up in a situation where the love was temporary or it was something minor that never really grew into anything. But if you nurture the (like you said) seedling of love then I definitely think that it can grow into something larger/more longterm.

Regardless of your reading, it sounds like he wants to get back together. Of course, if it is mutual, I think that everything points to going for it!

Good luck :D

I do care for him but I think you're right about the temporary love. Obviously, if it was true love, it'd be something like 2 of Cups and we would have never ended the relationship in the first place :)

Thank you! :D

Kendra22

Ace of cup for sitution

Can you interpretation Ace of Cups for sitution im thinking new begins ?