Cups when expecting Wands

TheWorkingGirl

I have a very sparky, slight tempestuous, casual thing with a guy. Whenever I do a relationship reading in regard to him I get a lot of cups -- Ace, king, queen, ten, and occasionally the knight, etc. These all seem emotive, romantic cards. I was expecting wands, I see them as more sexual, sparky, and a better fit for something casual and fun.

Does this mean he has romantic feelings for me he's keeping well hidden? Are the cards trying to tell me that I have something latent for him?

Am I missing something here?

Thoughts?

Cheers!

big sur

Hi Working Girl,

I'd say yes, that's there's emotions present in all of this. Zesty fun can produce emotions if there's a good connection. What's the spread you're speaking of?

rwcarter

Cups represent emotions, and romantic feelings are but one emotion of which Cups may speak. He may just really like you or consider you a friend with benefits instead of just a sex partner.

Rodney

Grizabella

Sex can naturally arouse emotions unless you're an automaton.

My thought, though, is that the emotions are on your part because women do tend to become more emotionally involved in the short term when there's been some sexual activity between two people. Men often take longer to become emotionally involved.

Farzon

I agree that the feelings don't need to be romantic as in a relationship. But in my experience there is definetly a difference between a sex partner and a friend you share a sexual relation with. The latter case can produce romantic feelings somewhen.

Maybe you should try asking where your relationship leads to? This might give you more hints, if you want to know.

hermit-IX

I have a very sparky, slight tempestuous, casual thing with a guy. Whenever I do a relationship reading in regard to him I get a lot of cups -- Ace, king, queen, ten, and occasionally the knight, etc. These all seem emotive, romantic cards. I was expecting wands, I see them as more sexual, sparky, and a better fit for something casual and fun.

Does this mean he has romantic feelings for me he's keeping well hidden? Are the cards trying to tell me that I have something latent for him?

Am I missing something here?

Thoughts?

Cheers!

all the cards you said have a fiery element to them meaning strong energy...ace, queen, king, KNIGHT.

if you're flirting i wouldn't be surprised to see cup cards...and the suits are pointing to the whole zesty thing you were expecting

Farzon

all the cards you said have a fiery element to them meaning strong energy...ace, queen, king, KNIGHT.
Where do you see a fiery element in these cards? I've never seen this interpretation before... usually just the Knight is the fiery part of the suit's element.

hermit-IX

Where do you see a fiery element in these cards? I've never seen this interpretation before... usually just the Knight is the fiery part of the suit's element.

maybe not fiery but strong energy

TheWorkingGirl

You guys make a really good point, thank you! I hadn’t considered that the emotions do not necessarily have to be romantic, like Rodney said it may just be that he really likes me as a friend. I had always seen them as quite romantic cards, particularly the queen and knight, but I suppose they do not have to be.

However this still doesn’t completely explain, why not wands? The presence of the cups is just as conspicuous as the lack of wands. I mean if this was bringing up non romantic emotions, I would think the king of wands (protective, and caring) or queen of wands, would be a better fit?

I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but the second most common suite I get is pentacles, lots of pentacles. Typically higher cards and court cards. Does this change the interpretation of the cups? Specifically when looking in regard to his feelings toward me I get the queen of pentacles, either when I’m not getting cups, or usually along with the cups. I have no idea how to read this.

Really appreciate the help!

rwcarter

Pentacles can represent grounded, steady or stable and Cups can represent friendship or other non-romantic emotions. Wands usually represent a passion that can fizzle out. Maybe you're getting Pentacles and Cups to highlight the longer-term non-romantic emotional aspect to the relationship instead of the fiery, passionate aspect that might not last.

Rodney