What is The Emperor about

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a reading I did to foretell how my November would have been, I pull The Emperor in the position related to friendships, but I didn't understand it.

The background is it's not a great moment for me, for example a friend of mine turned out not to be the best friend I thought he was. To put it simply: we're seeing each other no more. I have other friends and I'm getting to know other people too, but in a way I feel like it's always my fault if something goes wrong or if a friendship fails.

However in all of this I can't see how The Emperor could fit. My opinion is that problably The Emperor is me, in a way I'm tired of superficial persons and from now on I don't want to excuse people mistakes towards me anymore, but at the same time probably I'm too rigid and lacking of sensitivity sometimes.

This card can also show another person, but I know none like the Emperor now, or better I think I don't know any. I'm aware this is one of those Tarot cards I feel like I still haven't properly understood, so I hope you could help me to figure it out.

Any other idea? Thanks so much.

Thirteen

Batman and Robin

The Emperor may not stand for you or the other person. It may stand for your friendships. If you get the Emperor, that implies that Friendships are unequal. One person—maybe you sometimes, maybe the other person sometimes—must always be in charge, and the other person must always do as they say.

This isn't bad for all friendships. Some people don't like making decisions or being in charge. They like having a friend who does this for them, and who will stand up for them and be protective. They even like doing things the friend tells them to do. Kind of like a "Batman and Robin" friendship. Batman tells Robin what to do, and Robin likes that he's helping the Batman save the city. Robin doesn't want to be in charge, he just wants to fight crime.

But other people don't like that kind of relationship. I think this card is telling you is that for November, friendships will be "Batman and Robin." If you think you are a "Batman" type—needing to be in charge, then you will either need to find friends who like being Robin (who don't mind this), or you will need to check your "take charge" feelings. If you feel, on the other hand, that you are being treated like Robin, and you don't like that, then you'll need to talk to your friends and tell them how you want the friendship to be.

elena_jaymz

The Emperor may not stand for you or the other person. It may stand for your friendships. If you get the Emperor, that implies that Friendships are unequal. One person—maybe you sometimes, maybe the other person sometimes—must always be in charge, and the other person must always do as they say.

This isn't bad for all friendships. Some people don't like making decisions or being in charge. They like having a friend who does this for them, and who will stand up for them and be protective. They even like doing things the friend tells them to do. Kind of like a "Batman and Robin" friendship. Batman tells Robin what to do, and Robin likes that he's helping the Batman save the city. Robin doesn't want to be in charge, he just wants to fight crime.

But other people don't like that kind of relationship. I think this card is telling you is that for November, friendships will be "Batman and Robin." If you think you are a "Batman" type—needing to be in charge, then you will either need to find friends who like being Robin (who don't mind this), or you will need to check your "take charge" feelings. If you feel, on the other hand, that you are being treated like Robin, and you don't like that, then you'll need to talk to your friends and tell them how you want the friendship to be.
Wow Thirteen, this makes a lot sense, thank you!!

Yes, I think I'm definitely "Batman" in this case :D I'm the one who's taking charge in a way at the moment, I don't like being a "Robin" :D but yes, such friendships work if both friends want them to be like this.

Nemia

I often see the Emperor as Father archetype, the way he plays out in your life, your super-ego, the inner voice that admonishes or encourages you. Some of us mourn for the love and presence of a father they never really had, others rebel against a too strict father, others feel empowered by having their father on their side or they want to become such a powerful, protective and norm-setting figure themselves. From this biographical father, our reactions to paternal situations, persons, relationships develop.

How are your friendships influenced by your inner Father archetype? Do you seek to please, re-discover or reject your inner father? No matter how present or absent our biological or social fathers were, we all have to deal with the traces they left when we struggled to reach autonomy.

In every archetype card, the universal and the individual meet, and they ask us questions about the point where they intersect.

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague.

elena_jaymz

I often see the Emperor as Father archetype, the way he plays out in your life, your super-ego, the inner voice that admonishes or encourages you. Some of us mourn for the love and presence of a father they never really had, others rebel against a too strict father, others feel empowered by having their father on their side or they want to become such a powerful, protective and norm-setting figure themselves. From this biographical father, our reactions to paternal situations, persons, relationships develop.

How are your friendships influenced by your inner Father archetype? Do you seek to please, re-discover or reject your inner father? No matter how present or absent our biological or social fathers were, we all have to deal with the traces they left when we struggled to reach autonomy.

In every archetype card, the universal and the individual meet, and they ask us questions about the point where they intersect.

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague.
Thank you Nemia, your take isn't vague at all, I got what you meant.
Actually my father is often intrusive in my life in general, probably because I'm only daughter, I don't know.
Anyway yes, sometimes I end up to please him, so that he then shuts up. He's critical about my choices in friendships for example, this is why I often wonder if I'm doing the right thing or anyway why I'm so critical me too towards myself.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ace

The Emperor (IMHO) stands back and looks at the situation. So stand back and see what has been happening to make it come to this point. You may get some insight that it wasn't a sudden change but a progression leading to this point where things have changed or HAVE to be changed

barb

elena_jaymz

The Emperor (IMHO) stands back and looks at the situation. So stand back and see what has been happening to make it come to this point. You may get some insight that it wasn't a sudden change but a progression leading to this point where things have changed or HAVE to be changed

barb
Hi Ace, interesting point here, thanks.
In a way I'm also doing that, I'm looking at the present situation to understand what's going on as well as trying to improve it.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk