Eccentric?

EvaSegovia

Eccentric woman?

If you were going to choose a card for an eccentric woman, which card would you choose? I'm pretty well stumped on this one, and could use a few suggestions. Thanks. Eva

Alissa

It might depend on your definition of eccentric. The Queen of Wands is very creative, and creative types can be quirky.

But the Queen of Cups is highly intuitive, so she might seem dreamy, or spacey at times, like Luna in the Harry Potter series. The Star is kinda the same archetype but taken to a much higher level. She's probably a bit kooky IRL.

The 2 of Swords often represents a deceitful woman in my readings, someone with a dual nature, contradictory for sure, so eccentric to some maybe?

Just a few ideas.

LeFou

Hmm, eccentric how?

Fool, Hermit, Moon all embody some eccentric traits (of course).

EvaSegovia

Sorry, I guess I should have defined. Eccentric to me means Unusual, Surprising, Unexpected. Some might call her Strange.... I can see bits and pieces in the cards you've all mentioned, but I can't say I'd read any one of them as an eccentric woman. ??? She's not a loner like the Hermit. Not psychic or looney like the Moon. Not emotional, not an oasis... Perhaps a combination of the Queen of Wands and the Fool? Still, it feels off...

EvaSegovia

I'm also going to add Flamboyant to the definition.

magicjack

Maybe the page of cups?. Or how about the 9 of pents?

EvaSegovia

The 9 of Pents is self-satisfied, but not unusual... The Page of Cups has potential though... I THINK IT'S THE FISH! seriously...

kika_meow

The 9 of Pents is self-satisfied, but not unusual... The Page of Cups has potential though... I THINK IT'S THE FISH! seriously...

Yeah, I agree with the Page of Cups, and I usually read the Queen of Wands like this, because the Queen of Cups for me is more maternal and emotional, but since she's sensual it could be, it could be. I guess you can just try to feel what card is the eccentric woman FOR YOU (like the Queen of Wands it's for me) and from there starting reading it like that.

cSpaceDiva

Or how about the 9 of pents?

I was going to say 9 of pents as well. She has the independence and means to pursue her own interests regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

Barleywine

I went back and looked at the tabulation I did of all of Aleister Crowley's keywords and phrases for the court cards (which I find the most useful of any), and the Princess/Page of Wands stood out for me. The main idea Crowley gives is "extremely individualistic." This Princess governs the quadrant of the zodiac that centers on Leo and the Strength card, so I can see a certain "theatricality" and "demonstrative" quality about her. Another option might be the Page of Cups, which I've seen described as the "actor" among the court cards, able to put on any mask or face at will. Simple moodiness might be mistaken for eccentricity, though. I don't see the 9 of Pentacles at all. Too conventional, and I consider her independence to be more the detached and "private" type, more quietly confidant than flamboyant. For the latter I think you want Wands.