What are your intentions, young man?

~Lolita~

I pulled a Queen of Wands, clarified by the Emperor as someone's *intentions* towards me.

I've been getting invitations from this guy for things that aren't dates exactly. While I'm just in a "let's see where it goes" phase, and kind of on the fence - it seemed to me that he wanted to move things along faster (in terms of physical intimacy).
I don't particularly mind, I guess. But also don't want to be in the dark about what he wants.
So, I decided to pull a card or two for his intentions towards me.

The Queen of Wands by herself suggests to me some sort of passionate fling or perhaps a conquest. But, being clarified by the Emperor throws me off - does that mean he wants a Wandsy-connection as a "relationship"-relationship?
Or just that he wants a passionate connection, but *only* on his own terms (the Emperor's autocratic manner).

What do you guys think they mean, together, as someone's intentions towards you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**P.S. I don't mean to judge him by cards alone, of course - will observe his actions for sure.

gregory

Was this the whole reading ?

~Lolita~

Well, it was just the one question..

~Lolita~

Okay, I see! :)

Thanks, Greg..

gregory

NO worries - I see it has already been moved :)

Dogs&Coffee

So, This is what I'm getting...

Queen of wands, you say you're not really looking for anything long term or serious, but you tend to be the caring nurturing one in a relationship, so even something causal will take up a lot of your time and energy, and eventually you'll "catch feelings" as the kids say. Maybe it's a reminder of just how seriously you take things, even if you don't intend to?

The emperor... This guy is domineering, or in a position of some power. Is he a coworker or boss? Is he older than you? Either way, he's confident, likes to be in charge of things and/or in control of his life and doesn't like to take no for an answer. Not necessarily a bad thing, maybe he's just a driven individual who knows what he wants?

Either way, reflect on the dynamic. If you're a person that likes to give and give and give, and he's a person that likes to take, perhaps he's not the best choice if you're trying to work on "you".

~Lolita~

So, This is what I'm getting...

Queen of wands, you say you're not really looking for anything long term or serious, but you tend to be the caring nurturing one in a relationship, so even something causal will take up a lot of your time and energy, and eventually you'll "catch feelings" as the kids say. Maybe it's a reminder of just how seriously you take things, even if you don't intend to?

The emperor... This guy is domineering, or in a position of some power. Is he a coworker or boss? Is he older than you? Either way, he's confident, likes to be in charge of things and/or in control of his life and doesn't like to take no for an answer. Not necessarily a bad thing, maybe he's just a driven individual who knows what he wants?

Either way, reflect on the dynamic. If you're a person that likes to give and give and give, and he's a person that likes to take, perhaps he's not the best choice if you're trying to work on "you".

Funny you mention that - I do tend to "catch feelings". All the other stuff rings true as well. Including the part about working on myself - yep, trying to do that.

No, he's not my boss or anything - in fact, he's younger. :D But he seems older! He's pretty self-assured (when not in his anxious moments).

However, I got those cards for his "intentions" -- not as significators for us (though they might be).. Do you think it applies to that too?

Dogs&Coffee

Funny you mention that - I do tend to "catch feelings". All the other stuff rings true as well. Including the part about working on myself - yep, trying to do that.

No, he's not my boss or anything - in fact, he's younger. :D But he seems older! He's pretty self-assured (when not in his anxious moments).

However, I got those cards for his "intentions" -- not as significators for us (though they might be).. Do you think it applies to that too?

I just think it's weird you pulled a Submissive Queen and Dominant Emperor while asking a question about a relationship. Maybe it was more of a reminder to you what a relationship with him would be like, and if it doesn't sit well in your mind tap the breaks? :3

And I see tarot as kind of like having a conversation with Christopher Walken. You can ask it something, and it will probably give you an answer to something in the ballpark of what you wanted to know about, but sometimes it's totally out of left field.

So it kind of went like
you: "Hey Tarot, I was wondering what this dudebro is thinking"
tarot: "Whoa there. remember how things usually go? Yeah. Weren't you going to work on you for a bit? I mean, You do you, but yeah.."

~Lolita~

I just think it's weird you pulled a Submissive Queen and Dominant Emperor while asking a question about a relationship. Maybe it was more of a reminder to you what a relationship with him would be like, and if it doesn't sit well in your mind tap the breaks? :3

And I see tarot as kind of like having a conversation with Christopher Walken. You can ask it something, and it will probably give you an answer to something in the ballpark of what you wanted to know about, but sometimes it's totally out of left field.

So it kind of went like
you: "Hey Tarot, I was wondering what this dudebro is thinking"
tarot: "Whoa there. remember how things usually go? Yeah. Weren't you going to work on you for a bit? I mean, You do you, but yeah.."

Haha!! :D That's a great way of explaining it.. I can totally see that as the cards giving advice, in answer to my question.
Thanks for your help, D&G. ;)