What's Your Card . . . and where do you find it?

emmsma

cardlady22 said:
To see your Life Chart, you find the card for your birthday and then record the 12 cards following it to the Left and down.

Example: Dec 19 ~ Q:heart:

This card is in the lower left square (#49)

Q:heart: 10:club: 8:diamond: K:spade: 3:heart: A:club: Q:club: 10:spade: 5:club: 3:diamond: A:spade: 7:heart: 7:diamond:

The next thing I do is see how many are the same suit or number.

3 hearts, 4 clubs, 3 diamonds, 3 spades
two each: Queen, 10, 3, Ace, 7

Waah! I'm lost on the very first thing.

I can't see where you got the other cards!

I'm October 10, so my birth card is Q:club:
Can't see what I'm supposed to do from here.

cardlady22

emmsma said:
I'm October 10, so my birth card is Q:club:
Can't see what I'm supposed to do from here.
You are looking at the cards in the upper part of the squares. I've marked your Life Path cards with a blue underline. Your Q:club: is in square #3.

Those lower cards (single color) are there to show the direction for reading the next card(s)

Attachments

• emmsmaLP.jpg
    emmsmaLP.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,806

cardlady22

Project Idea

In my own beginning stages, I printed out reams of paper as I marked all over various Spreads for myself, family & friends. Then I decided that I'd rather have something re-usable. So, I printed the GSSorder file where the squares are blank (just numbered) and had a copy store laminate the sheet for me. Now when I fill out a chart, I write the cards in with a Dry Erase marker. I have a letter-size Life Spread laminated too. I circle the Card Placements between people in a relationship or group for a quick glance of where they all sit.

You can get a set of the Spreads printed or in PDF if you want offline access.
[SS: 4] Pure, Life and Age Spreads $12.00
[SS: 8PE] Magian Cardology Card Chart Tables - PDF $18.00
[SS: 8CD] " PDF on CD- $19.00
*I can give you Iain's contact information, but he does not have a website.
Iain McLaren-Owens Arizona, USA

ETA: Most authors offer a set of these Spreads/Plates/Quadrates; some have gone full color which increases the price.

Attachments

• IainACmagi.jpg
    IainACmagi.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,592

MareSaturni

Wow Cardlady! Thank you so much for this thread!

Only recently I began to study this particular calendar aspect of the Playing Cards. I read Robert Lee Camp's book "Love Cards" and I must confess I didn't like much my own card... 4 :diamond: .

Basically he says "you are a square person who thinks only about money, you'll always have problems with everything you do and your only happiness will be work". Okay, maybe I am concerned about money (I don't know any sane person who says 'I'd rather be poor and live under the bridge', but who knows?), but the whole description is saddening. LOL! Instead of thinking "oh boy, NOW I have found my way", you think "Oh, dang, to the hell with the world, I'm destined to unhappiness anyway".

I remember reading other people complaining he bashes the 4 :diamond: in some of his videos, LOL! :joke:

Recently I discovered that he did not create the method, he just made it more popular. So now I'm looking for other books that talk about the cards without such a karma-based view of life. Robert Lee Camp makes you sound like a slave to past lives (the only reason you live is to pay karmic debts :rolleyes:), without any possibility of creating your own life NOW, which I don't like (specially because personally I don't believe in past lives).

cardlady22

I have read just about any/all authors that I can get my hands on. I want to see the various methods (mechanics) that they use, but don't subscribe to any single one exclusively- especially in the interpretation part of it.

Each author's set of associations has provided me with interesting pieces to use. :grin:
Probably the best thing (for me) was getting a Personal Year Calendar from Iain McLaren-Owens and jotting notes of what happened each day in diary fashion.

Robert Lee Camp's Weekly and Decision Reading uses half of the cards and helped me get used to laying cards out & watching for patterns.

cardlady22

books

The most recently published books that I like as an introduction (to this system) are

*Sharon Jeffers
Cards of Destiny A Birthday Book and Daily Divination Guide
978-1580911764
Love and Destiny Discover the Secret Language of Relationships
978-1571745903

*Geri Sullivan and Saffi Crawford
The Power of Playing Cards: An Ancient System for Understanding Yourself, Your Destiny, & Your Relationships
978-0743250573

The original/first books are

*Olney H. Richmond
The Mystic Test Book Or The Magic Of The Cards
various reprint publishers with different appendices based on edition

*Edith L. Randall & Florence Evylinn Campbell
Sacred Symbols of the Ancients : The Mystical Significance of Our Fifty Two Playing Cards and Their Amazing Connection with Our Individual Birthdays
OOP

*Arne Lein
What's Your Card? Your Birthday, What It Reveals About You and Your Prospects for Love and Success
OOP, HTF due to removal from publication

Check your local branch to see about the Interlibrary Loan program for the outrageously expensive ones.

cardlady22

additional card rulers

Marina, here's the beginning excerpt from Arne Lein's book What's Your Card re: the 4:diamond:

"As a Diamond your building blocks are to be found in the realm of values. While this gives you a special insight in monetary and material matters, this challenge also extends to values that transcend the mundane. The life pattern indicated for you in the cards is among the most fortunate. But a displaced Five of Spades suggests that work or some sort of effort on your part is likely to be an integral part of your good fortune. This should be easy to take, especially when you realize that these efforts can bring you considerable success. Your prime adversary is an underlying impatience and restlessness which may rebel at the restrictions imposed by relationships, work and circumstances. Although materially oriented, you have a significant spiritual potential, which should not be neglected. Development of your higher awareness should help minimize getting into a materialistic rut and help raise your vision to greater possibilities."

:arrow: This book specifies a Planetary (Sign) Ruler and Decanate Ruler for each birthdate's card.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/decanate-decan.php

Dec 1 is listed as Jupiter and Mars, so the 4:diamond: is tempered or seasoned by the 6:spade: and the 6:club:
**see attached; count to the left from the Birth Card: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, etc.

This is when I pop over to my other authors. Sharon Jeffers' key phrases say
4:diamond: ~ Stability in Values (act with integrity)
6:spade: ~ Fate and Destiny (a dreamer & a visionary)
6:club: ~ The Messenger (responsibility to the truth)

Attachments

• 4Drulers.jpg
    4Drulers.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,642

MareSaturni

cardlady22 said:
Marina, here's the beginning excerpt from Arne Lein's book What's Your Card re: the 4:diamond:

"As a Diamond your building blocks are to be found in the realm of values. While this gives you a special insight in monetary and material matters, this challenge also extends to values that transcend the mundane. The life pattern indicated for you in the cards is among the most fortunate. But a displaced Five of Spades suggests that work or some sort of effort on your part is likely to be an integral part of your good fortune. This should be easy to take, especially when you realize that these efforts can bring you considerable success. Your prime adversary is an underlying impatience and restlessness which may rebel at the restrictions imposed by relationships, work and circumstances. Although materially oriented, you have a significant spiritual potential, which should not be neglected. Development of your higher awareness should help minimize getting into a materialistic rut and help raise your vision to greater possibilities."

Wow Cardlady, this is a whole different way to put it! Thank you so much for sharing - I like it. Somehow it says similar things to Robert Lee Camp's book, BUT it does so in an empowering way. It doesn't tell you "your card isn't a card of happiness" :rolleyes:. That's very nice, now I feel like I have something to work with.

Too bad this book is HTF! I'll keep an eye open for it though!

cardlady22 said:
This book specifies a Planetary (Sign) Ruler and Decanate Ruler for each birthdate's card. Dec 1 is listed as Jupiter and Mars, so the 4:diamond: is tempered or seasoned by the 6:spade: and the 6:club:
**see attached; count to the left from the Birth Card: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, etc.

This is when I pop over to my other authors. Sharon Jeffers' key phrases say
4:diamond: ~ Stability in Values (act with integrity)
6:spade: ~ Fate and Destiny (a dreamer & a visionary)
6:club: ~ The Messenger (responsibility to the truth)

Thanks for the explanation, I'll research more about these cards using the books I have :)

I know only that Robert Lee Camp assigns two "important" cards for each person, the Birth Card and the Planetary Ruling Card. Do they have the same role as the Planetary and Decanate Rulers?

cardlady22 said:
Each author's set of associations has provided me with interesting pieces to use. :grin:
Probably the best thing (for me) was getting a Personal Year Calendar from Iain McLaren-Owens and jotting notes of what happened each day in diary fashion.

That's a VERY good idea. I think it's something I may start to do, next year? Grab a diary and jot down some notes, or maybe compare the different interpretations given by different authors.

Cardlady, do you have a book called "It's in the cards" by Marthy Jones? The author uses a very different calendar! I have it and I keep wondering where did they get it from... do you know if any other PC calendar systems exist?

cardlady22

playing with calendars . . . formula to calculate

Marina said:
Thanks for the explanation, I'll research more about these cards using the books I have :)

I know only that Robert Lee Camp assigns two "important" cards for each person, the Birth Card and the Planetary Ruling Card. Do they have the same role as the Planetary and Decanate Rulers?
It is the same card essentially- but there can be differences based on how/if an author assigns the Outer Planets. Saturn was the last for the ancient/medieval astrologers. Camp's book Love Cards gives a listing of Life Path cards out to the 10th card following your Birth Card. It also notes the card "preceding" the Birth Card as part of the set. Other authors treat that direction differently. Remember that each one coined their own terminology for newer additions past the Neptune or Pluto card since Richmond & Lein did not go further.
Marina said:
Cardlady, do you have a book called "It's in the Cards" by Marthy Jones? The author uses a very different calendar! I have it and I keep wondering where did they get it from... do you know if any other PC calendar systems exist?
Yes, I do have it! And it's a big part of what pushed me into doing all sorts of mocked-up Calendar Experiments. I don't know anything about Jones, but the calendar presented on page 6 (which can be viewed in Amazon's Look Inside feature here) is notable for 3 things:

1.) Ascending order (Ace to King)
2.) Suit changes where the signs of the zodiac do; this leads me to believe that the Starting Point is happening on one or all of the Seasonal dates (equinox & solstice)
*equating :club: with Fire, :heart: with Water, :spade: with Air, :diamond: with Earth (astrological quarters ordering)
3.) April 1 and Feb 29 are assigned to the Joker

As far as I know, these are the only two published calendar versions. There might be other variations in European countries and/or languages I cannot read.

Olney H. Richmond's published version of the calendar Descends (King to Ace) and begins with each Gregorian month. There are two formulae given for quick calculations based on months.
https://knowyourdestinycards.com/birth-cards/

55 - (2m + d)

You multiply the 1-12 of the month by 2. Next add to the day value 1-31. Then subtract from 55.

~ or ~

53 - (m + d)

Month values:

JAN 0, FEB 2, MAR 4, APR 6, MAY 8, JUN 10
JUL 12, AUG 14, SEP 16, OCT 18, NOV 20, DEC 22

**It is the Solar Values assigned to the cards that give you the Sun/Birth Card for that specific day.

A:heart: = 1 ...................... K:heart: = 13
A:club: = 14 ...................... K:club: = 26
A:diamond: = 27 ...................... K:diamond: = 39
A:spade: = 40 ....................... K:spade: = 52
*Joker = 53 or 0

Richmond's assignments for the Seasons are :heart: is Spring, :club: is Summer, :diamond: is Fall, :spade: is Winter
*authors use their own elemental correspondences- I agree with the suggestion to go in linear order(F, E, A, W) or quarterly order(F, W, A, E) as one sees fit.

You can also do a 13 month x 28 day calendar. Personally, I like a Descending Daily combined with an Ascending Weekly.

MareSaturni

cardlady22 said:
It is the same card essentially- but there can be differences based on how/if an author assigns the Outer Planets. Saturn was the last for the ancient/medieval astrologers. Camp's book Love Cards gives a listing of Life Path cards out to the 10th card following your Birth Card. It also notes the card "preceding" the Birth Card as part of the set. Other authors treat that direction differently. Remember that each one coined their own terminology for newer additions past the Neptune or Pluto card since Richmond & Lein did not go further.

Yes, I know that many astrologers do not consider Uranus, Neptune and Pluto in their analysis, specially because they tend to be considered "generation" planets due to their very long orbital paths. So it's no surprise that other methods that use astrology have problem deciding whether to include these 'newly' discovered planets or not! ;)

I know that you based your method on the study of many different sources, but if you had to point your most influential author, which one would be? ;)
All the books I've found so far spend a long time explaining the manings of the cards, but do not explain the method behind it, where it comes from etc. You seem to know it quite well!

cardlady22 said:
Yes, I do have it! And it's a big part of what pushed me into doing all sorts of mocked-up Calendar Experiments. I don't know anything about Jones, but the calendar presented on page 6 (which can be viewed in Amazon's Look Inside feature here) is notable for 3 things:

1.) Ascending order (Ace to King)
2.) Suit changes where the signs of the zodiac do; this leads me to believe that the Starting Point is happening on one or all of the Seasonal dates (equinox & solstice)
*equating :club: with Fire, :heart: with Water, :spade: with Air, :diamond: with Earth (astrological quarters ordering)
3.) April 1 and Feb 29 are assigned to the Joker

Yes, I noticed that! I kind of like that calendar, but it seemed to be a big hit-or-miss to me. Some cards fit completely, whereas others.... were completely off-the-mark. I also wish that Jones had explained where this different version of the calendar comes from, maybe it'd help us to understand why is it different.

I have a silly question - why did you call it "ascending order"? I cannot see that just by looking at the calendar (I have attached a picture of it!). :|

Thanks for the formulae, by the way, I don't think I'll try them because I'm a math-challenged person, lol! :laugh: But it seems this calendar system is far more complex than I had first imagined!