"Aisselle's Spiritual Tarot Insights" Discussion Thread

gregory

JoelDee said:
Joel - I have an Evil Plan...

go on................
Well, those pix of you lying on the floor.... Almost showing your knickers...

It's not easy but I will prevail :D

Jack

I know it's wrong but it feels so......right ha ha!

gregory

JoelDee said:
Lillie has done a wondrous thing - but I haven't time to deal with it just now. Wait till morning...

Your girl friend can get cracking with the camera again :D

Jack

I'm so curious now...........I'm so impatient..............
OK more pictures tomorrow......I'll do some more conventional poses with odd smiles or expressionless, no pouting or erotic poses.

Lillie

JoelDee said:

And you look so lovely.

Jack

And you look so lovely

ha ha, it's a good job I lost my dignity and self respect a while ago!

Lillie

JoelDee said:
ha ha, it's a good job I lost my dignity and self respect a while ago!

But your sense of humour is intact, and that counts for a lot.

nisaba

gregory said:
That works as long as you only have grass. Sheep work too - but they DO eat flowers and shrubs - and seem to prefer then to grass :mad:
When my daughter was little I had a pure black kashmir wether called Mephisto as our "organic" lawn-mower. Not only did he mow the lawn, but he composted it - double-bonus! Most of the time he was on a long tether in the backyard, where he slept in the shed that housed my washing-machine. When he was very little he snuggled into the washing machine when it was going - perhaps the warmth of the engine or the vibrations reminded him of his mother.

My daughter civilised him, when he first came, and taught him that humans were all right. She noticed that he had eaten all the lower leaves off the mulberry that I had grown from seed, so she bent the whip-thin sapling over so that he could finish it off. We had a very elegant stick in our backyard, and by the time the goat finished, he loved my daughter and accepted me.

I quickly found I couldn't keep any of the plants I had in tubs within reach of his tether. He *much* preferred them to grass. After a while I worked out that I could only have him mow the front yard if I were out there with a foldup chair and a book or something, supervising. Cars kept stopping on the road, and people would try and coax him into their cars. This was when he was half-grown and still cute, you understand, with little warm buds instead of steely horns, and no trace of the later Goat Smell.

I figured he was an animal, so he needed walking, and fron the time he was a little kid I'd clip on a leash and unclip the tether, and we'd go for daily walks around the suburb, just as you do with a dog. You know how when you have a male dog you have to stop every two and a half metres (three yards) to stop and let them wee on something? With goats it's just the same. You have to stop every two and a half metres to let them take a mouthful of something. And trust me, if he could reach anything else, he wouldn't touch grass! The only time he preferred grass was when it was full of seed-heads loaded with carbohydrates.

My vet once did a health check, and told me something interesting. The goat had a real taste for feral and destructive weeds: privet, lantana, camphor-laurel. I used to walk him to the golf course fairly frequently so that he could graze those plants out of the wasteland nearby. The vet said that as long as I was doing that I wouldn't have to worm him, because the camphor laurel fermented in their guts and drove out any living worms and killed any worm-eggs.

You walk along the street with a dog on a leash, everyone ignores you, You walk along the street with a goat of exactly the same size on a leash, everyone toots. You know what? Goats are prey-animals, not predators. They're hard-wired to get spooked and run at the least sign of trouble. I quickly developed very, very strong shoulders.

The kid (the other one) wanted to take the goat along to the pre-school's show and tell, so I checked with the principal first. I also pointed out that it would want to graze. She said that would be okay. So I dropped the human-kid off first, and went home. Later, I leashed the goat up and walked it to the pre-school. I arrived a little early, in morning playtime, and all the kids were rioting in the yard. They loved him - leaned on him, patted him, fed him handsful of miscellaneous weeds. He was quite accepting of all these Small People.

Then it was time for the kids to file inside, after which show and tell happened. The teacher invited me to come in, too, and I demurred, pointing out that the goat needed supervising. She said he'd be all right, I pointed out that she had shrubbery he might like to completely destroy.

It was a fun day, and the goat seemed to enjoy it. But when it was obvious we were heading home, he put his head down and *pulled* me there, so glad was he to get back to his nice quiet backyard and tether!

Favourite goat-memory of all time: Open main front door, but closed screen door. Mephisto the goat standing on the porch, looking in and down. Patch the cat sitting inside, looking out and up. The conversation went like this:

"Meheheheh."

"Meeow."

"Meheheheh."

"Meeow."

"Meheheheh."

"Meeow."

"Meheheheh."

Funniest thing I ever saw. I stood at the kitchen door holding a tea-towel, trying very hard not to laugh, watching the two of them being incredibly gentle with and curious about each other. After several minutes I lost it, and exploded into laughter. The goat jumped, the cat turned and started washing her shoulder vigorously, as if that's all she'd been doing all along. They never spoke again.

Both animals are dead now. Well, they would be - that was fifteen years ago, and as fresh in my mind as if it had happened yesterday.

I'm sure Aisselle will not have stories like that to tell.

Cassandra022

nisaba, that was an amazing story. now i wish i had a pet goat :[