Aora Gemstone Oracle

Myrrha

Here is a link to a site that gives you a brief one-card reading with the Aora. Going there reminded me how lovely the cards are... sigh. I don't think all the cards in the deck are on this site.

http://www.psychicnoradevan.com/Aora/index.html

--Myrrha

faunabay

Myrrha, this is funny. Did you see my post in the trading section looking for this deck? :laugh: I just posted it yesterday. (giggle) Great minds think alike.
I really like the look of this deck. Even though I'm pretty well satisfied with my deck collection now, there are a few I'm still wanting. And this is one of them.

lark

I recently bought this oracle..a few weeks ago and it really is nice
I have a printing problem on mine so just as a warning in case it is on more than just mine.
The design on the back of the cards has an embossed diamond shape and that is sometimes pressed into the front of the card so that you can see a slight geen diamond on the front...mostly on the cards that have a more empty sky or space in the picture on the front.
It doesn't bother me much so I won't be returning it..but just so you know and aren't disapointed if you buy the deck.

There is a wonderful medicine wheel spread in the book that I've been using...I wanted to set up a medicine wheel in my rock garden this year so this was perfect for picking the crystals to use.
I took out all the cards that I actually already have or could easily get the crystals for and chose the wheel from those cards.

Otherwise I have been using it to pull a card a day to go on my alter and I've done a few spreads....very nice book, very well done, not a huge book, but everything you need to work with the cards.
The cards are large 6"x4"... impossible to shuffle, but you aren't suposed to shuffle anyway you are to fan and feel the energy and pull what you are attracted too...kind of like the way we pick our crystals when we are buying them.
I dithered a long time over what gem stone oracle to get, but I think I chose the right one for me. I'm happy with my choice.

If there's any particular thing you would like to know about it just ask away...

faunabay

lark,
Well that's a bit annoying with the printing coming through. Especially when it's not a inexpensive deck - not that it's horribly expensive, but still........

I really don't have any questions, I just really like the scans I've seen. The other crystal decks just have the picture of the stone - nothing else. I like that this one puts them in a scene of sorts. I really like the card for Jade!

lark

I know I was bummed at first, I bought it at a shop and they have another one there..I'm going take my deck back and have them open the other one and see if the same printing error is on that one...if not I'll exchange it.
But if it has the same printing error I'll just keep it...I like it too much to be without it.
Jade is beautiful...it talks about how the Myans used Jade in the book.
Rhodochrosite is so beautiful a group of butterflies resting on a cherry blossom branch.

I like that is has pictures too...every picture relates to the crystal meaning in some way..they are not just randomly put on there because it's pretty.

Myrrha

Lark, I actually had a copy of this deck before and mine had that same issue with ink transfer to the cards. The cardstock was fairly thin also. I think it is a self-published kind of thing.

Faunabay, yes I did see your post in trading. It reminded me to post this link!

Somehow this one seems like it would go really well with the Bird Cards, they both have the bird or stone, plus atmospheres and other symbolism. They both seem to have alot to do with color and relate to the chakras. Well, that would be my excuse for buying both anyway!

--Myrha

avalonian

I have exactly the same problem with the printing, it's almost like there was a surplus of ink. I have managed to remove it a bit by rubbing the cards with a soft cloth (but then got bored, must have another go).

lark

Well I guess it's pretty universal then that green triangle mark, and it does seem like an excess of ink...I'll have to try the rubbing method avalonian and see if I can get some of it off the front...you can't see it on every card just a few...
Thanks to both of you for letting me know I'm not alone with my printing error. :)

faunabay

Myrrha said:
Faunabay, yes I did see your post in trading. It reminded me to post this link!

Somehow this one seems like it would go really well with the Bird Cards, they both have the bird or stone, plus atmospheres and other symbolism. They both seem to have alot to do with color and relate to the chakras. Well, that would be my excuse for buying both anyway!

--Myrha
Well see there's another reason I ought to get this deck. Because we've already talked about how I have the Bird Cards too!!! })