symbols in dreams help please

Bonny

Hi there,

Just a quick question about the vineyard as a symbol in a dream.

Does this mean planting and harvesting? (I'm wanting to have a family soon and in the dream it was offered to me this year)

What about if the person who offered to plant the vineyard was an ex who was no longer of interest to you...What could that mean for the present?

He was a very insistent person and chased me constantly before we were together ten years ago. I don't want any involvement and haven't seen him since.

Any suggestions?

B:)

celticnoodle

I checked the dream dictionary and found this:

Vineyard
To see a vineyard in your dream represents the fruits of your labor and your life experiences.�Your hard work and effort will pay off in the long run

you can find the dream dictionary here-

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamd...thod=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=vineyard

I use this site all the time.

It is important though to not solely rely on what is in any dream book/site for the meaning. You should definitely consider what YOU think it means. One symbol could mean one thing to me, and quite the different meaning for you.

Also, sometimes people in our dreams are not necessarily the person who will fulfill the roll in real life, (if your dream is a message of what is to come). However, there could be some similar traits there.

hope you can follow what I mean.

What else was in your dream? It may be easier to figure out the meaning if you could share more of it--what you saw, experienced, feelings you had in the dream, etc.

Bonny

Dream interpretation

Thanks Celticnoodle for these kind thoughts and suggestions! Wow!

The link to the dream distionary looks great. I'll refer to it for sure!

The dream was so vivid.

To me vineyard is to me about harvest and I've had a lot to do with vineyards all my life so they mean home and culture and earthy trust somehow , if that makes sense?

I posted the dream a little while ago - it was me and G (the ex) huddled in a corner after a big weather event had taken place. We were talking on our own, aside from others and there was a glass ceiling above us (I'd been watching an architecture program on tele that day so it could've been that?)
The building was HUGE . Lots of space...
Colours were green and blue.
I felt warm and comfortable (just enjoying his company) but cold (actually shocked if I'm honest) to the idea of being with this guy again and disenchanted by his audacity to "pursue" me after all the messages I'd given him to stop... That it does not work between us... We did not suit each other, been there got the t'shirt; let's cut the crap kind of feeling. Couldn't wait to get away from him in the carpark that we were heading for outside...

... I'll think about this some more - Thanks for suggestions !!

B :)

danieljuk

Vineyard's are hardy and CN posted the dream moods excellent definition of it but also they can be damaged by the weather and illness. This vineyard in your dream Bonny seems healthy I think. If it's looking very well and grows out of the ex boyf, was he actually in the dream? It could be saying it could work out with him or questioning that idea (however appalling that seems to you in your awake life :) )

Dreams are our shadow side, our unconscious and our desires, however this doesn't mean they are true or reality.

As a 3rd party interpreter, I think both dreams are linked by a need for security! That glass ceiling also security and protection. Could your unconscious be saying that maybe the ex could make that happen? this could be a questioning. Despite all his bad points, was he able to offer that? I don't think it's saying you should go with him but maybe questioning it.

I also have many dreams about a man in my past offering security and protection. It's annoying! But my unconscious is saying that is what I need from a partner (I didn't know this before). In my dreams the man is an abstract symbol, he represents the type of what I want but not actually him (if that makes any sense). I have worked out my message now. What do the symbols personally mean to you in yours? What was the good things that ex offered? I think that is what you need to look for in future :) Someone who will plant you a vineyard!

Bonny

Vineyard's are hardy and CN posted the dream moods excellent definition of it but also they can be damaged by the weather and illness. This vineyard in your dream Bonny seems healthy I think. If it's looking very well and grows out of the ex boyf, was he actually in the dream? It could be saying it could work out with him or questioning that idea (however appalling that seems to you in your awake life :) )

Dreams are our shadow side, our unconscious and our desires, however this doesn't mean they are true or reality.

As a 3rd party interpreter, I think both dreams are linked by a need for security! That glass ceiling also security and protection. Could your unconscious be saying that maybe the ex could make that happen? this could be a questioning. Despite all his bad points, was he able to offer that? I don't think it's saying you should go with him but maybe questioning it.

I also have many dreams about a man in my past offering security and protection. It's annoying! But my unconscious is saying that is what I need from a partner (I didn't know this before). In my dreams the man is an abstract symbol, he represents the type of what I want but not actually him (if that makes any sense). I have worked out my message now. What do the symbols personally mean to you in yours? What was the good things that ex offered? I think that is what you need to look for in future :) Someone who will plant you a vineyard!

Hi Danieljuk,

This is encouraging! Yes, the sense of security is the aspect that seems at issue ! And yes, the ex was def able to provide that. But here's the thing really feels awful. He would do all the trappings of the security scenario but it would be built on sand because he was only interested in himself and looking good and had made huge messes in his life in that pursuit... Massively wealthy and yet very fickle and flakey with his genuine love / commitment... Def not someone to rely on even though he would talk the talk and I was naive.
The see through ceiling makes me think I can see through him / his promises etc etc ...

Thank you for how you shared that about your insights from your own dreams ... Yes - something re security - and I like the way you describe the vineyard. Fantastic DJ!

B :)

Bonny

The ex was senior partner in an area to do with money and security so interesting re security.. Def not possible with him -