2 of wands as sexual attraction?

Nevada

Miss Divine said:
2's for me are more stagnation cards. Usually when I draw the 2 of wands, the situation isn't going anywhere. It's only a thought or idea, but never develops into anything else. Does that make sense?
I tend to see the twos as currently not going anywhere, but I also see a lot of locked up energy in them, the stuff the universe is made of, just waiting for a release. To me they're not stagnant so much as they're at an impasse. Stagnant implies dead, but the Twos are not dead. They may be in balance, though, and may remain so a long time, even with all that pent up energy, just because the balance is so perfect. But if anything ever throws them off balance, look out. Then they release into the Threes, or revert back to the Ace situation.

If the Ace of Wands is about an idea, and the Three of Wands is about putting a definite plan in place, setting things in motion, then the Two might be about trying out the idea to see how it works -- perhaps a marketing study or a rough sketch.

In regard to a relationship, perhaps the two people were trying each other on for size. Maybe there was chemistry, and lots of it, or a very strong shared interest, but nothing deeper or more complex, no real connection, beyond that. Fun while it lasted, but quickly over. Each person -- or at least one of them -- has gone back to the Ace position.

~Lisa~

so many ways

Its amazing how many ways there are to interpret. If I was putting it into a story, I would put it like this. The card for me revolves around personal power. The persons being represented's personal place in the world is very much a focus for them at the moment. They may be engaged in studies, thinking of travelling or expanding in some way, or they may need all their energy to focus on doing well after a bad time and are looking at different possibilities. Their focus is very much on what is going on with them. 2 is the splitting of power or the doubling of power, so this persons sexual desires would be questioned by them if they thought that it risked their, time, drive, goal, travel plan, exam, ego, emotions, or whatever it may be.
The sparks may very well be there but what are the personal power issues?

SunChariot

Miss Divine said:
Thank you all for all the great answers.

In the past the person felt extremely sexually attracted to the other person.
But due to circumstances it's over and they lost contact.

But I never had that card come up in that position before. And 2's for me are more stagnation cards. Usually when I draw the 2 of wands, the situation isn't going anywhere. It's only a thought or idea, but never develops into anything else. Does that make sense?

I have several books from Hajo Banzhaf and according to his books it isn't quite a passionate card.
I like your interpretations, very enlightening!

:love:

Any meaning you want to give a card makes sense, as long as it makes sense to you and works for you in readings. There are no absolute or right or wrong answers. 2's are not stagnation to me. They tend to indicate a dynamic between two people for me. But neither is right or wrong, in fact there is no right of wrong in Tarot. Whatever works for you makes sense.

Babs

SpaceCadet

Nevada said:
I think it could definitely relate to sexual passion or sexual tension. But there could also be some competitiveness or struggle for dominance mixed in with that. Two powerful personalities may be involved, and that can create a volatile relationship -- or a one-night stand. Just my 2 cents.
Oh yeah the Sacred Rose Tarot two of wands is labeled Dominion.

rwcarter

SpaceCadet said:
Oh yeah the Sacred Rose Tarot two of wands is labeled Dominion.
That's also the keyword for the 2W in the Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA. I usually think of that word as meaning sovereign authority, but it also has a meaning of control and domination.

Miss Divine

SunChariot said:
Any meaning you want to give a card makes sense, as long as it makes sense to you and works for you in readings. There are no absolute or right or wrong answers. 2's are not stagnation to me. They tend to indicate a dynamic between two people for me. But neither is right or wrong, in fact there is no right of wrong in Tarot. Whatever works for you makes sense.

Babs

It's always been a non-action card for me. Stagnation wasn't the proper word.;)
I like your guys' interpretations better than mine, :laugh: for the sexual attraction meaning.

willowfox

This could really show sexual attraction in a man as he already has is hand fondling his wand and his other hand fondling his desire.

Miss Divine

willowfox said:

This could really show sexual attraction in a man as he already has is hand fondling his wand and his other hand fondling his desire.

ROFLMAO!! Willowfox, you are just too funny!

nisaba

<grin> It's just a shame, for that symbolism, there isn't a lizard somewhere in the card. Actually, the Granny Jones Australian's King Wands (he who has the biggest Wand of all!) does, in fact, have a lizard in the card.

On the ground, though.

And reptilian rather than recreational.

new_wave_romantic

and now I will never see the 2 of wands the same AGAIN

I've gotten the 2 of Wands in that position also and was pretty confused about it. My situation was similar to the person that you're reading for...so based on my own experience and interpretation of the card, the man in the 2 of Wands is holding back. The querent/the partner are separated, far from the one that they would be desiring sexually. There are lots of "bounding" elements visible in the 2 of Wands...you've got the stone wall on the foreground, the shoreline in the background...there are lots of things that keep our guy from moving closer to the one he loves / separating him -- the sea, for one, and the stone wall, for another. I'd say the desire is there, but he's really really repressing it and trying to hold back. It could also be that the distance has brought up some doubts for him and he is anxious to bridge that gap again. It's hard to get back in touch with someone and regain closeness after time has passed and people are no longer close to each other, in both a physical and mental sense.

In any case, either one of them has a lot of distance to overcome, a lot of boundaries to re-cross. I'd say the attraction is definitely there, but it's in a place that makes it harder to manifest on a physical level

...does this make sense?