Tree of Life Path Numbers and the Trumps

aav

I understand that correspondences may be drawn from the trumps zero through ten to the twenty two paths on the tree of life, each path corresponding also to a number from one to ten.

I was curious what the community thinks about how the attributions are numbered, because I've seen it two different ways. One way of counting correlates The Fool with Aleph, the path from Kether to Chokmah. The other way of counting that I have seen correlates The Magician with Aleph because it is numbered one.

I can imagine that there's a thousand reasons to take both of these correspondences seriously. I am curious what others think and what the majority of folks use; The Fool, The Magician or both. And if both, is there a priority?

For example, Crowley correlates The Fool with Aleph, and Manly P. Hall correlates The Magician with this path.

Thank you for any insight you may be able to provide!

Michael Sternbach

This is a difference between the Golden Dawn and the French school. I am primarily a Thoth reader, and as such I follow the former scheme, but I acknowledge that there are good reasons for the latter as well. Such as the Magician's posture in some old decks like the Marseille Tarot which is reminiscent of Aleph.

aav

Michael -

Thank you for that terminology! This will allow me to look further into the differences between these two schools.

I was reading something about whether The Fool is placed at the beginning or the end of the sequence of trumps. Beginning is Golden Dawn and end is the French School?

Thanks!