yes/no within a spread

roseinthewinter12

Hell everyone,

I have a question I did a tarot spread in which one of the positions was is this person happy in their current situation. The card was the seven of swords. another position was is this person likely to change their situation the card was the moon. Forgive me if I am wrong these are generally yes or no questions. How would you interpret this? to me the 7 of swords hints at deception and sneaking around. The moon also things unseen. Would this seven of swords be interpreted and this person is currently sneaking around in the situation they are currently in. And the moon would that imply whether they will change remains to be seen? Still would the cards in their positions say no to both questions?

Amanda

7 of Swords could mean that they could "take it or leave it"... for the Moon, I'd say No- they're waiting on the situation to change for them.

Just some thoughts..

roseinthewinter12

Thank you for the response. Even with your input I am struggling to make sense.

PurpleCrow

I would say the Seven of Swords means they are lying to themselves about how content they are in their current situation; and that the Moon means any future change will be dependent upon their willingness to be honest with themselves and others.

roseinthewinter12

I would say the Seven of Swords means they are lying to themselves about how content they are in their current situation; and that the Moon means any future change will be dependent upon their willingness to be honest with themselves and others.

thank you so much this answer makes a lot of sense to me. So in a sense I am discarding the yes or no aspect of the reading?

PurpleCrow

thank you so much this answer makes a lot of sense to me. So in a sense I am discarding the yes or no aspect of the reading?

Glad I could help! Personally I would let the yes/no go, simply because both cards here seem to have more of a "maybe" context to them, especially when coupled like they are. It's very possible to get a solid yes or no out of a reading; but in my experience, maybes are much more common :)

roseinthewinter12

Glad I could help! Personally I would let the yes/no go, simply because both cards here seem to have more of a "maybe" context to them, especially when coupled like they are. It's very possible to get a solid yes or no out of a reading; but in my experience, maybes are much more common :)

I have to agree tarot always seems to say "umm maybe" especially for the future