Can the faeries take animal form?

pippi

First of all, after typing that thread title, I had to laugh at how grateful I am for having AT as an outlet. If I had posed that question to anyone in my life, besides my children, they would think I was completely off my rocker.

This morning I pulled O! That Gnome as my daily companion. I had a lot of first impressions about him, but one of the first was the way he was squatting. It felt as though he might, at any moment, leap out at me like a frog. A few minutes later as I was typing up my notes to my blog, my son comes in the house, very excited, announcing he had caught a frog! Now, he catches toads all the time, but I think he has only seen a frog here once before.

My son said that this particular frog was oddly very hard to catch. This seemed characteristic of O! That Gnome, so I immediately looked at the card leaning against my computer monitor, and wondered if this gnome had paid us a visit in frog form. The fact that my son caught a rare frog at the very time I was writing my thoughts about this gnome seeming frog-like to me was very ironic! Strangely, I just automatically assumed it was the gnome, despite knowing anything about such things.

Does anyone know anything about faeries being able to take animal form? I have seen a few of the female faeries in the deck with frog legs, so I was hoping someone here had some insight to share?

Jewel

Well pippi, I have nothing to share but enjoyed your story :D I see no reason the faeries could not take any form they wanted to. If you think it was O' That Gnome, then I am sure it probably was ....

.traveller.

I had one visit me as a black rat before, so why not a frog?

pippi

Jewel said:
Well pippi, I have nothing to share but enjoyed your story :D I see no reason the faeries could not take any form they wanted to. If you think it was O' That Gnome, then I am sure it probably was ....
Thanks! I thought you might have some knowledge to share. I really need to get some books and read up on the faery world. I'm so clueless!

AJ said:
ribbet ribbet
LOL!!! :laugh: Thanks for the chuckle AJ! ;)

.traveller. said:
I had one visit me as a black rat before, so why not a frog?
Yaaaay!!! Glad to hear it! I was hoping someone would have experienced something similar...thanks for letting me know!

Jewel

pippi said:
Thanks! I thought you might have some knowledge to share. I really need to get some books and read up on the faery world. I'm so clueless!
No you don't, they will teach you just they are now .... but the Froud books are fabulous if need some to read ~giggles~ Not to mention how excited the faeries get when you start looking at the artwork!

pippi

Yeah, I was peeping at the Good Faeries/Bad Faeries book on Amazon a few days ago... Just browsing at this point though. :)

pippi

Jewel said:
No you don't, they will teach you just they are now ....
True! I love this!

Jewel

pippi said:
Yeah, I was peeping at the Good Faeries/Bad Faeries book on Amazon a few days ago... Just browsing at this point though. :)
I have almost all the Froud books, and I really enjoy them and cannot recommend them highly enough. Good Faeries/Bad Faries is excellent, and so is his new one. The artwork is simply to die for, and I can feel the faeries all "a buzz" when I have those books out. They are an experience all in and of themselves. You won't regret getting them, and some of the illustrations are larger versions of some of the cards in the deck. Just gorgeous!

Major Tom

I heard someone mention a toad and what a charming story it is too. :)

Ya'll almost convince me I should get a Faerie Oracle. I've been dithering about it for years.

Will the enablers please stand to the left and the un-enablers to the right?