The Celtic Tree Oracle

Freddie

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience with this set? I've wanted it for awhile and I'm thinking about getting it. I have a knack for oracle/cartomancy decks that I sometimes lack for tarot. I purchased a small deck of Lenormand cards (I wish they made a bigger size) by Piatnik that give me really great readings and no confusion at all.

I am nervous about the Celtic calander aspect of this set. I'm starting to enjoy reading on Celtic subject matters. With study and patience could I master it without being a Celtic lore expert? I sometimes need a break from looking at people on cards, so this type of thing appeals to me alot.

Thanks and God bless,

Freddie

Malachite

Is this the Tree Oracle as in Ogham?
If so, I can recommend a handy text...
"Ogam: The Celtic Oracle", by Paul Rhys Mountfort...published by Rider.

Freddie

This is set (book & cards with other stuff) by Liz and Colin Murray. the pics of it are on this site. I searched for the author you mentioned but I didn't get any results. Is his a book ? It sounds interesting. Nigel Jackson has put out a Celtic tree deck recently also.

Thanks,

Freddie

Malachite

Yep...its a book...

its published in the UK, and i don't know where you are posting from, so maybe its not available in your country...i got my copy from Waterstone's, actually...

It refers to the principles of Ogham, rather than a particular set of stones or cards, but if it is indeed the same principle, then the ideas will be the same..
just to check, is it a set of twenty tree types, starting with Birch, Rowan, Alder...?

Freddie

I tried to find that book, but I think I cannot get it in the U.S.A. Yes, The Celtic Tree Oracle cards are the way you described. There are 25 instead of 23 cards with trees on them, I don't know why. I've been studying Ogham on the net, it is very interesting indeed. You can check the set out on this site by putiing Celtic Tree Oracle in the search box.

Thanks for the info,

Freddie

raeanne

Freddie,
I have the Celtic Tree Oracle. It comes in a nice wooden box. There are things I like about this system and things I don’t like about it. If you have been doing some studying on the Ogham system, that will help a lot. These cards do not give much assistance in figuring out the meaning of the card. You have to learn the different trees and what they mean. The book that comes with this set is not as good as it could be but there is a quick reference table just inside the cover. Like anything else, if you like it well enough to put the time into it, it will work for you. The cards are small, which is OK for me since I have small hands but it might bother someone with larger hands.