Something New from Kim Krans and the Wild Unknown

Calcifer

Let's try this again... With the attachment..

It sure looks like a new deck to me...

Michael

Attachments

• NewWU - Copy.png
    NewWU - Copy.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 828

RiverRunsDeep

Yep, I received that email notification as well. VERY excited to find out what this is about. I would love to see a new deck from this artist!

illyria

Me, too!

"Two feet
Four feet
Scales or hide
May our minds
Stay open
And our wings
Span wide"

Definitely something nature-based.

RiverRunsDeep

It is called the Animal Spirit deck and will be available May 2nd. Check it out here. It's a 63 card deck of animal archetypes that can be used as an oracle or for self-reflection. There will also be a guidebook. :)

illyria

I love the idea of it, but I don't know yet if I adore the cards from this oracular deck as much as I do those from TWU. I'm sure I have time to decide. :)

bonebeach

Love the art, though it seems more colorful than TWU. I think a lot of TWU's dignity, to me, came from the starkness.

But if this thing is reasonably priced, I'm totally going to pick it up. Although--WHY the super generic name? Is it Animal Spirit just to avoid outright calling it Spirit Animal? The Wild Unknown is a lovely name and I think that's one of the strengths of the brand and why the deck has done so well. Kind of expected this to have a unique and very hashtag friendly name, too.

lark

Anybody get this deck?
I have a copy on it's way and I can't find a thread on it anywhere.

DaughterOfDanu

Anybody get this deck?
I have a copy on it's way and I can't find a thread on it anywhere.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255637

I'm surprised at the lack of discussion about it here, as on social media sites it's gotten a lot of notoriety but that may be due to its connection to TWU. I really enjoy mine. It's a good companion to TWU.

danieljuk

At the moment it's only available from the official website (still I think) and that's a bit of a pain for us outside the U.S. The postage is quite a lot internationally and we could get customs charges. I am waiting for stockists to get it in the UK, there is a few shops online who stock Wild Unknown products but don't have this oracle yet and it's not got around to bookshops and places yet.

I asked one of the shops which has all of Kim's stuff if they will get it and they are waiting for a tester deck from them to see if they want to stock it in future. So I am waiting patiently! I do want this deck though sometime in future :thumbsup:

I think it's not wildly available internationally and so perhaps people haven't picked it up yet, it needs to spread around a bit first :)

lark

Thank you, you two for the replies...
Got mine yesterday along with the guide book and the second edition of the Wild Unknown.
I have 2 copies of the 1st edition, but was curious about the second.
They came packed so cute...and the decks are truly wonderful.
Hope it gets a little more popular...I like it much better than Connected and Free.
And so nice to have an oracle to work along side the TWU.
I'll post a little more once I've worked with it.