DruidCraft Study Group - Queen of Cups

alphamatrix

LixiPixi said:
... can't help but wonder if anyone else feels the Queen of Cups is about to commit suicide? The very first day this deck arrived in my mail and I went through the cards counting to make sure they were all there, this was the FIRST card to stand out for me and I, to this day, still have a hard time seeing her in a positive light :(

She just looks as if she's closed her eyes, put her whole life into that cup, and is ready to give it all over to the supreme being. If this woman isn't about to drown herself.....please explain to me what you see differently :)

The Queen of Cups, IMO, is ready to give it all over to the supreme being - in the way that she surrenders herself to the fates and runs on instinct or intuition. That's why I see her as free.
(Not to offend anyone or promote suicide, but....) maybe the peacefulness you see in her that relates to suicide is because people in that final moment feel that everything will be fine and taken care of/their problems solved? Like I said, I don't advocate or agree with suicide but that mindstate would almost be similar to what the Queen of Cups is, but in a more positive way.

For me, I have drawn the Queen of Cups more than any other card lately. A times she tells me to look inside, and another time she showed up reversed - warning me that the situation I had put myself in was making me emotionally hurt and struggling to heal.

In her reversed form, I see her as a person overwhelmed by their emotions, and struggling to function or understand because of this.

In her upright form, I see her as the embodiment of the phrase "know thyself"; comfortable in who she is, and with her own thoughts. She's not detached from the world, but she is more in tune with her emotions and intuitions than many are.