Discussion: Death and the Clow

Satori

What is the Clow Death card?
Do you think the Clow can predict death or is it too airy fairy?

I don't really have an opinion on this yet myself, just thought I'd throw it out there. All responses welcomed.

Lillie

Actually I got a direct death prediction off the clow, not long after I got them.

The story...
Hubby got a series of messages left on the phone, from his sister and his mom, and it sounded serious.
We were worried that his Mom was seriously ill, because she has had some problems recently, and she is old.
He braced himself to ring back, and as he was dialing I asked the clow to tell me what it was about.
I got The Return. and I knew, right then that his Moms husband had died.
And he had. Quite suddenly and unexpectedly.

Obviously it was a good deal of intuition going on there too, and it was very strong, almost like something shouted it at me.
But the card was the Return, and it was that which sparked whatever intuition was happening on that day.
Later I thought that it would mean the return to the earth, to the unknown, to the world that was before birth.

I could also imagine the Time functioning in a similar way.
And the shadow also, but in a different way. Not a good way.

Perhaps the shadow would be the shadow of death hanging over you.
The time would be the momment of death, and the return after you had gone.

Though the cards could mean other stuff too.

But I'll never forget the sudden feeling, the sudden knowledge, that he was dea.

Chronata

Wow. Amazing stuff, lillie!

I always liked the Shadow for Death, because it kinda reminds me of Death in the Faerie Oracle.

But I don't know...never really came up...yet...

runewynd

I don't know that I'd say there's one "death" card. I'd say that any of them could warn you about death, if death was coming through their purview. But, I think reading with the Clow is a bit different than tarot or standard cartomancy- there's almost an extra layer of experience here.

You've got the meaning of the card, and the message of the omen, and then you've got what the spirit itself is telling you.

It's quite a bit more intuitive than I'm used to. *laughs* It's giving me quite a workout, just learning to work with them! I'm not even up to reading with them yet- I still have to work my way through the cards.