Nisaba's Timing Method

novenovembre

I don't mix well with the way humans measure time, either - could be because I don't really believe in the mass-hallucination that we call time. If I use this method, regardless how meaningless I find time, it presents me with things to tell people, and they get back to me and tell me I'm brilliant later. :)

Well, yeah, time is a human construction, that's what I was trying to get at, but I wanted to avoid getting into the quantum theory and parallel universes and so on....but if you agree with that, how can ANY method of measuring it work ?

I might try that some day, anyway.....you seem so confident.....

novenovembre

I have a dumm question....what if you ask the same question about when something is going to happen twice-obviously not immediately afterwards, but after some time- and get incompatible answers ?

PulchraElectri

Love this timing method.

PulchraElectri

I have a dumm question....what if you ask the same question about when something is going to happen twice-obviously not immediately afterwards, but after some time- and get incompatible answers ?

I would think that something had changed in the situation causing the timing to change.

RunningWild

Is that possible ??....

Why would it not be possible?

Unless you believe all events are fixed in time, not just in the past (obviously) but also in the future. I'm not a fatalist myself, so of course something could change to either move the event nearer or further into the future, or even, to eliminate the event entirely.

novenovembre

Why would it not be possible?

Unless you believe all events are fixed in time, not just in the past (obviously) but also in the future. I'm not a fatalist myself, so of course something could change to either move the event nearer or further into the future, or even, to eliminate the event entirely.

I am a fatalist, myself-I know it's not popular-, so I believe that at least the major events in our lives are fixed.....which is why I have a problem with that....maybe the timing is not fixed, I'm not sure....who knows....