Two New Decks! Hermetic and Illuminati

BeyondtheVeil

Trogon

I am glad that you are enjoying your decks, Trogon! {{HUGS}} It seems that the Tarot Bug has bitten you also. lol

I hope that you continue to bond and get to know your new decks better. I will be looking forward to what you think about them and what advice you can share with others who are considering either of those decks.

Thank you for sharing with us! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Carojulie

Look into the Modern Spellcasters Tarot. It has the diversity you're looking for.

Thank you Beancrew, yes I do have the Modern Spellcasters, I got it a few month ago and it has a little bit of gender and ethnic diversity, it's a start. I am not really sold to that deck yet though, but then I guess I am hard to please !

Barleywine

Lots of diversity in the World Spirit Tarot. It's more of a dominant feature than in the Illuminati.

Carojulie

Lots of diversity in the World Spirit Tarot. It's more of a dominant feature than in the Illuminati.
Thank you Barleywine, yes it looks great ! Its on my wishlist :)

Carojulie

Hi Carojulie! I do see what you mean about the supposed "multicultural" aspect of this deck. I actually didn't know about that ahead of time because in the store was the first time I'd really heard about it. But finding out that it was supposed to be multicultural, I was like "huh?" Basically two suits are all pretty much white Europeans - Cups are supposed to be a "fantasy culture", but they're still white Europeans. The Wands as Persians are okay and the Pentacles are Oriental. So, good effort I guess.

As I shuffle and handle the cards, I'm already feeling that those edges are softening a bit. I think part of it is the way they were cut - on many of the cards I can feel that the edge has a very slight sharpness that curves down towards the face of the card. As that is wearing down from handling, the edges are also feeling better.

I like that the imagery is so much like the RWS, it automatically felt familiar to me. And so far, I do like the extra richness of color and detail. I did a New Deck reading with it last night which I will post later. The reading was very interesting. I think this will be a good deck to work with.
Trogon this whole thread has reminded me of my Illuminati deck and thanks to you I took it out of storage, I am going to give it another go ! I love being enabled to decks I already own, so thank you so much :)

Trogon

Look into the Modern Spellcasters Tarot. It has the diversity you're looking for.

Thanks for suggesting this one Beancrew! I hadn't looked into this one before. It looks like one I'd really like.

I am glad that you are enjoying your decks, Trogon! {{HUGS}} It seems that the Tarot Bug has bitten you also. lol

I hope that you continue to bond and get to know your new decks better. I will be looking forward to what you think about them and what advice you can share with others who are considering either of those decks.

Thank you for sharing with us! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

I am finding that both of them are excellent decks. They both have a lot to add to my knowledge of Tarot. I'll be using one of them for my DotW study next week - probably use my pendulum to pick which one. ;)

I agree completely Barleywine! I have the World Spirit and love it. And it is pretty diverse in what it displays. And it's excellent deck to read with.

Trogon this whole thread has reminded me of my Illuminati deck and thanks to you I took it out of storage, I am going to give it another go ! I love being enabled to decks I already own, so thank you so much :)

You're very welcome Carojulie, I'm glad you found the thread helpful. :)

Now, here's the interesting thing: I did a New Deck reading with each of these decks (3-cards; "What will you teach me?" "What do you need from me?" and "What will our relationship be like?"). I did the Hermetic Tarot, then about 12 hours later did the Tarot Illuminati. In both readings, in the position of "What will our relationship be like?" I got The Star-reversed. I've very rarely gotten The Star in a reading and have, in my studies and meditations, felt that when it is reversed, it is not a very positive card. But in these readings, I did feel that it was a positive position (based on the other cards). I contemplated The Star - reversed while sleeping and realized (when I got up) that both of these decks are saying that they will be good for exploring those dark, secret and painful things within ourselves that need to see the light of day (so to speak). So, yeah, I'm pretty excited about both decks.

As for the thickness and rough edges of the Tarot Illuminati cards; that seems to be working itself out. Because of the thickness, they're not as flexible as ... well as most of my other decks. But I spent some time just shuffling the deck and it seems to be breaking in just fine. The Hermetic Tarot was great right out of the box.