The Playing Card Oracles: Study Group Anyone?

Satori

The thread is up in readings!
Have at it!

Padiwan2

I Can't Wait

Send me a PM when the study group begiins, I can't wait.

anacortez13

So Pleased....

Hi, I am Ana Cortez.
How truly exciting and humbling to finally see this project of my father and myself take on a life of it's own, and to see others learning of the power and depth of the playing cards. Also so pleased to see you are starting a study group for The Playing Card Oracles. I have started a forum as well that is open to all, accessible through the web site which is www.anacortez.org. Please visit! I would love to have some wonderful chatter going on there and to poke my nose in every once in a while!! The system of reading is truly incredible and kept too well a secret for too many centuries. Interesting times.... All my love, Ana

6 Haunted Days

anacortez13 said:
Hi, I am Ana Cortez.
How truly exciting and humbling to finally see this project of my father and myself take on a life of it's own, and to see others learning of the power and depth of the playing cards. Also so pleased to see you are starting a study group for The Playing Card Oracles. I have started a forum as well that is open to all, accessible through the web site which is www.anacortez.org. Please visit! I would love to have some wonderful chatter going on there and to poke my nose in every once in a while!! The system of reading is truly incredible and kept too well a secret for too many centuries. Interesting times.... All my love, Ana

Hi Ana! :) So happy too see you here!! I got your deck and book a year ago and just love it. I use it very often. I have posted many times all over the forum about how great your system is....I'm a diehard fan!

I am headed over to your forum pronto, this is such exciting news.

Miss 6

Skydancer

I have a question - I just found this thread and interestingly enough I have recently purchased your book and deck! Is that wild or what?!

My question is -- what is the "Source Book?"
Thanks. Looking forward to discussions once my book gets here.

*S*

6 Haunted Days

Skydancer said:
I have a question - I just found this thread and interestingly enough I have recently purchased your book and deck! Is that wild or what?!

My question is -- what is the "Source Book?"
Thanks. Looking forward to discussions once my book gets here.

*S*

I just registered at her forum and was the 1st poster (besides her)....strange feeling!

Isn't the source book the book Playing Card Oracles?

Skydancer

Hi!
According to Amazon, the Source Book came out in '05, and the deck and the book&deck together in '06. So, I'm thinking I got the right book by getting the set. It was a whim, whilest husband is yet again out of town.

Yes - went to her forum too - but haven't posted yet. It's late. Maybe soon though.

I have read only one other playing card divination book - YEARS ago and it was so outlandish I couldn't possibly remember all the combinations. Gesh. Hoping this is better - sounds like it should be.

TTFN ~
Ann

anacortez13

"Source Book"

Source book is part of the subtitle for the book The Playing Card Oracles.
There is only one! The book came out a little sooner than the set and deck because my father and I originally published the book several years ago so those were already in print. When U.S. Games Systems became publisher, they decided to re-print the deck and not use the ones my father and I had printed. They wanted to use different card stock basically, so deck and set were delayed. I will post this on anacortez.org forum as well so everyone stays privy!!
Love,
Ana C.

Skydancer

You know - I just figured that out a couple of days ago!!! I was looking at the book (sitting by my table in the living room) and it dawned on me that that was the name of it! Forgot to come back and mention it here.

Thanks for answering. I'm finding the book very interesting, easy to read. And of course, the cards are very much nicer than "a poker deck"!!!

Thanks!
Ann
*S*

anacortez13

a little off topic

Skydancer,
I love that you have the Lewis Carroll quote at the bottom of your posts.
Coincidentally (and nothing is a coincidence!) this is the only poem I know by heart, and was just reciting it the other day to myself! I like to refresh my memory of it now and then. My dad and I were stuck in the mountains in a snow storm when I was a kid (9 yrs old) and he gave me one silver quarter for every line of that poem I memorized. I guess I was greedy! It was a long storm and I was quite pleased with myself when I got the whole thing.
A little off topic!
--Ana