Two Moons

Aeon418

Yyg, instead of your usual tiresome game of baiting people with rhetorical questions, why not explain to us why you think the Moon would be better situated on the 13th path and the Priestess on the 29th. Preferably without the hindrance of annoyingly boring ASCII illustrations.

Yygdrasilian

Moonage Daydream

Yygdrasilian said:
There's been no suggestion that The Moon trump should correspond to the Moon 'planet' - I'm just interested in the range of opinion on the subject.
I reckon the Moon need have a value of 2 and a value of 18, depending upon the formula you're working...
14 plays a role too, and not just for the number of synodic periods in a lunar year: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1781997&postcount=18

Have you ever considered the role of PEACE (2 Cups) regarding the 'Ordeal of the Abyss'

??? !!!
??? !!!
??? !!!

ravenest

Yygdrasilian said:
So, why....

2=Priestess=Gimel=Moon
18=The Moon=Qoph=Pisces

and not...

2=The Moon=Gimel=Moon
18=Priestess=Qoph=Pisces

Yygdrasilian said:
There's been no suggestion that The Moon trump should correspond to the Moon 'planet' - I'm just interested in the range of opinion on the subject.

Do I detect some backpeddling here?

Yygdrasilian

Dark Side of the Moon

ravenest said:
Do I detect some backpeddling here?
Recognize that there are 'valid distinctions' between asking a question and positing a specific answer.
By all means, cavil if you must, but consider why "indolence is no virtue in a questioner."
http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib148.html

? ! ? ! ? !
! ? ! ? ! ?
? ! ? ! ? !

ravenest

Yygdrasilian said:
Recognize that there are 'valid distinctions' between asking a question and positing a specific answer.
By all means, cavil if you must, but consider why "indolence is no virtue in a questioner."

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, ask as many questions as need be and certainly, "indolence is no virtue in a questioner."

I was just noticing that;
1) 2=The Moon=Gimel=Moon " (as a suggestion ?)
and
2) "There's been no suggestion that The Moon trump should correspond to the Moon 'planet' "

In light of 2), I'm wondering what 'sort of Moon', (the second one in your formula) you were talking about in 1).
I was assuming you meant 'the Moon planet'.

? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ?

(I have my own conconslusions about the !!!!!!!s that interspace these ???)

Yygdrasilian

Moon U

To ask: why x and not y? is a question (albeit, in this case, a rhetorical one) and not a suggestion that y is to be taken as correct, and x as incorrect.

Someone given to correcting logical inconsistencies in Tarot might of have matched the moons without mucking up the order of zodiacal signs or Hebrew letters. But they (meaning Crowley) did not. One might infer that the presence of these two moons therefore serves a purpose. Structurally, in relation to the Tree of Life glyph, this would make sense. There are other reasons too...

2=Priestess=Gimel=Moon
18=The Moon=Qoph=Pisces

...as these correspondences offer 2 different sets of values for the Planets:
3: Empress / Venus = 3
16: Tower / Mars = 7
10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1
21: Universe / Saturn = 3

25 = 1 + 9 + 1 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 3
24 = 9 + 1 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 3
88 = 19 + 18 + 1 + 3 + 16 + 10 + 21

2: Priestess / Moon = 2
1: Magus / Mercury = 1
3: Empress / Venus = 3
16: Tower / Mars = 7
10: Fortune / Jupiter = 1
21: Universe / Saturn = 3

72 = 19 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 16 + 10 + 21
53 = 2 + 1 + 3 + 16 + 10 + 21
18 = 1 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 3
These 2 sets of values and the values for the Elements & the Zodiac have proven very useful (with METATRON and "The Key That Includes Six") in understanding The Book of Thoth as an astrological calendar.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1771856&postcount=43

?=Hunchback
!=Soldier