Queen of Cups

Lillie

Harsh?

Yes, it is.
I see all the courts as bad.
This is cos they are all extreme cases.
What they are is single minded stereotypes.
A real person is tempered with all sorts of other things, which makes them a much more rounded individual.

To the person who said she was a 'clear, still pool', I say that unless she is totally vacant, there must be something beneath the surface.

The discription I gave would be how I would see any QoC from any deck. But as I use the thoth meanings for all decks, and only use the Thoth usually anyway, it's all pretty much the same to me.

Also, he description I give is not all bad.
Not the way I see it.
Everybody is out to get what they want. To have their comfortable life the way they want it.
And this is not a bad thing. Nothing wrong with having your life the way you want it, and making sure you get what you want/need.
So long as you don't take from others happiness in getting yours.

Different types of people go about this in different ways.
The QoC's way is (for me) as I see it above.
She is a type of person, and that type covers everything from the most extreem to the most gentle.
From the arch maniulator, to the wife who gently prods her husband from behind the scenes, getting him to do what she nows is best for him, persuading and cadjoling, all the time letting him think it was his own idea.
Which is how my Mom does it, snd she is lovely, and never says a bad word about anyone. She is the best and sweetest person I have ever known. Yet she has more of the QoC about her than any of the other courts.
And perhaps that way is better than my way, where I stand and shout until he damn well knows what I want but does not neccassarily agree with it. In fact, because I have made it into a row, he usually does not, because we have taken opposite sides.
The QoC type does not like confrontation, she works behind the scenes.
She manipulates, for good or for bad. depending on other factors in her life and her personality.

And by the way. If you think that was harsh, you should see what I say about the rest of them!

Because they are extreem stereotypes, not proper, well rounded people, their characteristics have nothing to relieve the intensity.

If i drew the QoC for someone, I would not think they were like that, so extreem and unrelieved. I would think they had some part of that in them, either for good or for bad, depending on many other factors.

And anyway, it is just my interpretation.
Everybody has their own.

ravenest

Also, according to AC's attribution system I am a Q of C's (ie my birthday falls within the range of dates for Q of C's

Anyone else out there share that with me?

caridwen

Does this Queen actually exist or is she simply a reflection of the querent or subject of the reading?

duskymorning

queen of cups

wow.... it appears to me what a woman. she's cailm, she's confident, something very aquarian about her, maybe relats to astrology too. and she definitly recieves award in life. she's amiable, not so high up, she's a person just like every of us, but a respectable one. but there are doubts, doubts and thoughts in her, she might not share with people. awards make her think, and dive into her own side of the story.

Voron

duskymorning said:
wow.... it appears to me what a woman. she's cailm, she's confident, something very aquarian about her, maybe relats to astrology too.

Perhaps you're aquarian and you're seeing what you want to see as she reflects yourself back to you?

There is not much Aquarian at all in the Queen of Cups. She is no revolutionary, no agenda pusher, no eclectic iconoclastic genius. She bends, she molds to the shape of the environment, she is sensitive and reflective. And, when her calm waters are disturbed, stormy and hyper-emotional. You'll find much more Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces energy in her, though I'd say mostly Cancer, as the Fixed Water of Scorpio is not as flexible.

Aquarius, fixed air, is brilliant but stubborn, refined, cool, aloof, and most of all *themselves*. They are the most highly individualistic sign, while the Q of Cups has almost a *lack* of individuality, it would seem. Aquarius exists in their ice castle or orbiting space platform, and deem it an inconvenience to have to come down to help lead Humanity (with their icky, primitive, barbaric, unrefined negative emotions, and shortsighted view of reality) into the Grand Future.

You're going to get a much more Aquarian nature out of the Prince(King) or Queen of Swords.

I realize that according to the Golden Dawn Attributions, the only two courts with Aquarius are the Knight of Cups and the Prince/King of Swords, but I am not sold on their decant rulerships*. Though in that case, the Queen of Cups would be 1/3 Gemini, 2/3 Cancer.

*-for example, adding 1 part Mutable Fire (Sag) to 2 parts Cardinal Earth (Cap) to get Water of Earth (Q of Disks) as a result? Doesn't make sense to me.

ravenest

Interesting that this thread has re-emerged. I've been very Q of C lately. (being my court card) I feel constantly like I am staring into the swirling water patterns, not in the rapids of the river, but below them. At the same time it's like I am in orbit, looking down through the cloud patterns swirling around, cyclones, etc. They seem to be the same thing.

It's quiet empathic. I've been feeling terrible latley, emotions all over the place ... just found out my best friend has been having this heavy scene, I dreampt I had an argument with her ... turns out she was having it with someone else. The other night I dreampt of a tsunami at the same time a friend had her baby.

This wierdo guy comes around and asks if I want to talk. Last time we nearly had a fight ... I was just waiting for him to make the first move ... he was verbally agressive and insulting ... so was I right back at him. I said I would have a nice talk with him if he was nice. He was and then seemed incedulous that I was so nice and understanding. I see this as an example of the benefeits of some of the Queens energy.

She DOES have a personality (or perhaps its just my Leo Moon?) but it's deep ... very deep .. and if you want to get to it, you have to penetrate your own reflections.

In a reading (generallly) it often indicates a need to peer below the surface reflections, use your empathy, reflect back energies instead of absobing them. Stare into the cup, the pool, your heart. Seperate what you REALLY feel from from what you THINK you feel, or should feel or what others expect you to feel.

She is like the White Lady in an opium dream ... she has a message for you but you cant quiet conciously grab it or comprehend it. Large parts of our psyche process things that are totally removed from our conciousness.

Try looking at fish underwater ... if you don't concentrate and make a mental optical seperation your eye will focus on the waters reflection, the sky, clouds, trees, even yourself maybe.

But the fish are down there .. and so is another totally different world.

Lillie

Aw.

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad.

Dreams are weird, arn't they?

I always dream I am fighting people. Real violent fights and I wake up exhausted. Weird or what?

As for the queen. I don't think I have anything to add.
But I will contemplate them fishes.

rainwolf

duskymorning said:
wow.... it appears to me what a woman. she's cailm, she's confident, something very aquarian about her, maybe relats to astrology too. and she definitly recieves award in life. she's amiable, not so high up, she's a person just like every of us, but a respectable one. but there are doubts, doubts and thoughts in her, she might not share with people. awards make her think, and dive into her own side of the story.
It's interesting that you think she is aquarian because the queen of cups is fixed water which is scorpio. Scorpios usually exude the quiet power and mystery in some aspect of their life. My sister is very quiet and intense, and my friends mom (scorpio) is a very cheerful woman, but she always has an aire of something 'hidden'. However I think she has a job that fits a scorpio personality--a court reporter. She transcripts everthing in the courtroom, and sometimes they can be some intense and morbid things; not something that just everyone could type down comfortably.

lillie said:
Yes, it is.
A real person is tempered with all sorts of other things, which makes them a much more rounded individual.
What about the mismatched courts? Or that complimenting element courts? Would you find that to be a personality that works well under the circumstances in the querents question?

For example, the conflict one would be:
Queen of wands--fire and water mixes to make a fiery person
and complimenting:
king of pentacles--earth and air make a keen and logical person, capable of winning a fair arguement, compared to a water and air which would be winning the argument in favor of the dishonest.

rainwolf

Just wanted to add that your thought of the courts being 'bad' because they are extreme in stereotypes is very interesting. I've never thought about that and it makes a lot of sense. I think I'll contemplate ALL the courts in that way.

Adjustment

Lillie said:
Harsh?

Yes, it is.

To the person who said she was a 'clear, still pool', I say that unless she is totally vacant, there must be something beneath the surface.

The discription I gave would be how I would see any QoC from any deck. But as I use the thoth meanings for all decks, and only use the Thoth usually anyway, it's all pretty much the same to me.

Also, he description I give is not all bad.
Not the way I see it.
Everybody is out to get what they want. To have their comfortable life the way they want it.
And this is not a bad thing. Nothing wrong with having your life the way you want it, and making sure you get what you want/need.
So long as you don't take from others happiness in getting yours.

Different types of people go about this in different ways.
The QoC's way is (for me) as I see it above.
She is a type of person, and that type covers everything from the most extreem to the most gentle.
From the arch maniulator, to the wife who gently prods her husband from behind the scenes, getting him to do what she nows is best for him, persuading and cadjoling, all the time letting him think it was his own idea.
Which is how my Mom does it, snd she is lovely, and never says a bad word about anyone. She is the best and sweetest person I have ever known. Yet she has more of the QoC about her than any of the other courts.
And perhaps that way is better than my way, where I stand and shout until he damn well knows what I want but does not neccassarily agree with it. In fact, because I have made it into a row, he usually does not, because we have taken opposite sides.
The QoC type does not like confrontation, she works behind the scenes.
She manipulates, for good or for bad. depending on other factors in her life and her personality.

And by the way. If you think that was harsh, you should see what I say about the rest of them!

Because they are extreem stereotypes, not proper, well rounded people, their characteristics have nothing to relieve the intensity.

If i drew the QoC for someone, I would not think they were like that, so extreem and unrelieved. I would think they had some part of that in them, either for good or for bad, depending on many other factors.

And anyway, it is just my interpretation.
Everybody has their own.

You have described perfectly a person i know, who appears in my readings as the queen of cup. very manipulative person who works behind the escenes