Knight of Disks

trinity8

Everytime I look at this card I feel a sense of overwhem and heaviness. I feel like the rider's armor is heavy, the shield is heavy, the horse is flagging under the weight and can't take another step, even the grass is drooping. Both horse and rider are in danger of collapsing onto the earth and not being able to find the energy to get back up again.

The black and brown colours seem depressing and the yellow/golden colours always feel like baking heat that just sucks the life out of everything.

Intellectually I can take a different meaning, more of a solid enduring process of creation, but on a feeling/intuitive level it just feels heavy, overwhelming and dry.

Does anyone else experience the card in this way?

Aeon418

I look at this card and instantly think of late summer in rural Britain. The Knight of Disks rules from the 20* of Leo to the 20* of Virgo. That is harvest time over here, and I'm sure that would have been one of the influences in the design of the card. Crowley and Harris were both British, so they would have been very familiar with that kind of rural scene. I am too, so it clicks with me in that way. :D

The wheat is heavy and ripe. The Knight is armed with a wheat flail to thresh the wheat. It's the end of the long hot summer and the hard work is almost over. It's time to collect and store the harvest and prepare for winter.

rcb30872

I would have to agree with Aeon, it does look very much like the end of summer. Majority of the work has been done, all that is left to do is to collect the crop, so to speak. I'm sorry, but I'm having one of those occasional moments where I know what to say, but can't seem to be able to find the words!

Well, put it this way, when you near the end of something, yes, you are very tired, and it seems like a lot of effort to just summon the energy to go that little bit further, but you know there is no point giving up now, so it is like you take a deep breath, and just get on with it.

This kind of makes me think of when someone is running a marathon, or any long distance race type thing, where your legs are just about to give out on you, but you just know if you can go that extra distance you can finish the race, marathon, etc. I do that when I am walking, I can walk for at least an hour, if I feel so inclined, near the end I just feel like sitting down, but, well, I have to get where I am going or get back home, I just can't stop, I have to push myself that little extra harder just to finish! The last 5 minutes could be the longest 5 minutes, but by the time you get to where you want to be, you would say thank goodness for that!

firecatpickles

Yes to all.

Another thing to watch out for in the feeling of this card is being vulnerable at the end of a huge project to illness. Sometimes after a huge amount of work and work-related stress, there is the opportunity for your body's defenses to be taken over.

In other words, although this is a powerful and active card by virtue of being a Knight, the Earth-y principle drags him back down again. I don't see why you should be worried about your intuitive feelings about this card; they seem perfectly natural and accurate to me.

Dean

trinity8 said:
Everytime I look at this card I feel a sense of overwhem and heaviness. I feel like the rider's armor is heavy, the shield is heavy, the horse is flagging under the weight and can't take another step, even the grass is drooping.

Yes i get the same thing from this card a sense of overwhelm, how would someone interpret this card for someone's relationship with another person as i get this alot in readings, i know some here use the Thoth mostly for meditation but i was just curious about this in a reading.

Thanks

rcb30872

Dean said:
Yes i get the same thing from this card a sense of overwhelm, how would someone interpret this card for someone's relationship with another person as i get this alot in readings, i know some here use the Thoth mostly for meditation but i was just curious about this in a reading.

Thanks
I would have a tendency to say that it is something that you need to "work" on. And, sort of where exactly do you draw the line, do you see that it is worthwhile sticking it out with this person for the long haul? or do you pack it in? Yes, sure, there are conflicts and bumps and whatever else in any type of relationships, whether that is romantic, family or friendships. If you want to make it work, you have to put the effort in. I heard something along the lines of that there is no such thing as easy love. You have to work together, work through your problems, compromise, perhaps make some sacrifices, but not so much that you lose your identity, of course.

On the other hand, if you are the only one that is doing all the work, then, well, what is the point? Afterall it takes two to tango!

mooiedragon

When I look at this card, I kind of tend to admire this Knight because he often represents the things i find it most difficult to be. He is dependable, this Knight - he doesn't get to follow his heart or his emotions or a cause - he has to do what must be done. Maybe that's where the heaviness come from sometimes? He has a lot of responsibility this poor guy - but it's really nice to have him on your side!

Bec.... I like your take on him re: the relationship - I think it makes a lot of sense.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Day's end/The everyday hero

I use to dread this card. It reminded me of the heat during a hot Texas summer. But one day I drew him to represent a hard working dedicated man. He never gives up, h keeps hanging in there no matter what happens.

From that day on, I see him in such a different light. A father, a man to look up to, a man of men.
He's always there pulling his weight and if need be, he is pulling everyone else's wieght, too.

:)Barb

Dean

rcb30872 said:
I would have a tendency to say that it is something that you need to "work" on. And, sort of where exactly do you draw the line, do you see that it is worthwhile sticking it out with this person for the long haul? or do you pack it in?

Thanks Bec, i like your interpretion on this it does make alot of sense about sticking with something worthwhile, i think this Knight would be seen as someone who you could depend on even if the relationship was at times very hard, i think they would stick around for the long haul.

Dean

Aeon418

The Knight of Wands is one of those guys who is good with their hands. Whether it's farming, carpentry, bricklaying, plumbing, or auto repair. He can do it all. But there's not much going on upstairs in the brain department. If you're looking for deep intellectual conversation, forget it. The only thing this guy talks about is DIY.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box, but he can fix your leaky tap in under a minute. :laugh: