How do you store your decks?

Richard

The ones I use are in the original boxes in a desk drawer.

Barleywine

Arts-and-crafts "super-stores" (like Michaels or A.C. Moore in the US) have nice, cheap unfinished wooden boxes and chests of various sizes, some with brass hinges and claps and some with removable lids, that work very well. I leave mine unfinished so the wood can breathe and wick off any condensation. I only have around a dozen decks, so I keep my favorites in wood and leave the rest in their original boxes on a bookshelf. If I'm entirely indifferent toward a deck, I might just throw a rubber band around it.

newlillith

I am veeerrryyyy slowly hand-sewing bags made out of old clothes for my decks. There's this really cool bag design I found online here: http://www.squidoo.com/julietarotdeckbag--that I'd like to make. But I'm not quite at the skill level I need to be. Once they are in bags, I put them into this really pretty box on my desk.

Briar Rose

I store incense and soaps along with my decks.

Have you seen the thread where a woman has thousands of decks in these beautiful glass front cherry bookcases? It's to die for.

Attachments

• Tarot.Storage.bottom.jpg
    Tarot.Storage.bottom.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 213

VGimlet

In my china cabinet. Which is running out of room, and I may get some extra drawers soon. :p

nikkipeachy

I made silk bags for mine and found a basket to keep them in.

Melisandre

Wow! It is so much fun to read what all of you have done and to get some ideas!! Aside from the ones that are still in their boxes, I have some in tarot bags, one in a bag I crocheted, and one in a small cosmetic bag. I really like the idea of a basket or chest, so I can keep them all together in the same place.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

bogiesan

Try visiting a cigar store and ask about empty boxes.
They're usually handcrafted of locally available woods using interesting joinery, emblazoned with bizarre decoration and some brass hardware. They smell great, not like a burning cigar at all.

vee

I manage to fit all my decks and Tarot books on two shelves on my bookcase using organizing bins. A clear sign I need more. :p

Practicing Human

My wife makes my Tarot bags for me. She makes it out of a cloth I pick, then she uses part of it to make the pouch with a drawstring (she made one with a handle... nifty!) then she uses the rest of the cloth for laying out the spread. As a result, the spread cloth and the pouch match, the cloth is big enough to wrap the cards and the pouch is big enough to contain it.