Ludy Lescot - Knights

Aerin

Got to love the Knights and their horses...

Pentacles looks servile and his ?palomino horse seems dull and possibly very old. I'm sure they will do whatever it is you ask, in a somewhat pedestrian and Uriah Heep-like way. Is that a ruined church in the background? He's standing on wooden boards... very appropriate, and is the only knight to have dismounted.

Wands, on the grey, has been startled by something and looks about to gallop off in search of it. Is it sunset??? There's an eerie red light making the path look almost on fire.

Cups seems to have a firm goal in mind, liver chestnut?, he knows what he has to do and is getting on with it - no distractions. Seems as if he is on a gravel path galloping towards his target.

Swords - very agressive and the sword has already been used. It's hard to see if the wolf is for or against him, the enemy seems to be us! The ???grey??? horse is rearing in water, looks like a still stream.

Hemera

It's hard to see if the wolf is for or against him,.
I looove the wolf:love: and I always feel it is for the knight. It´s his faithful companion ready for an adventure and excited about whatever it is that lies ahead.

Hemera

MaineGirl117 has scanned the pictures and here they are:

Attachments

• Ludy Lescot Knights.jpg
    Ludy Lescot Knights.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 438

Hemera

Knight of Pentacles

This is the only Knight that has dismounted-as Aering points out above. He is a gentleman who seems to be bowing to welcome someone. He can also be bowing out of some situation or saying goodbye to someone. He seems like a very courteous gentleman and not scary at all like some of the other Knights. He may be a bit of a whimp even?
His suit is near the Nature and he has knowledge of all tangible and "rea"l things, like farming and business life. He is a Messenger of his suit.

MaineGirl117

Knight of Pentacles

I pulled this card while I was down in New Orleans. My jaw practically dropped when the Tarot reader I went to see bowed and extended he arm in this exact manner, bidding us good-bye and good-day in dramatic fashion. I just LOVE that this happened exactly as seen in this card!!

Hemera

Welcome back from Ludy-country. I hope it was an inspiring trip also Ludy-wise :p

Hemera

Knight of Wands

I just got this Knight and I suddenly struck me that he is turning and looking back. He is also turning his horse around so *all* his physical and mental energy, himself and his horse (which represents an awful lot of physical and mental energy) is turning backwards.
Is he having second thoughts on something? Is there regret in the air? Something he finished and got over with too fast (in a wand-kind-of fashion) and now he wants to go back and re-do it? Is he going back to the past? Past lives??

Prasomchai

I pulled this card while I was down in New Orleans. My jaw practically dropped when the Tarot reader I went to see bowed and extended he arm in this exact manner, bidding us good-bye and good-day in dramatic fashion. I just LOVE that this happened exactly as seen in this card!!

Awesome!

In the standard deck this knight can be blunt and tactless, this card seems to focus on this one aspect of the role. In order to achieve the things you need to accomplish, as the knight would be expected to do, you need to manage how you communicate with others.

I knew someone professionally who was very much like the standard knight- their eventual downfall came from failure to address this particular weakness.

MaineGirl117

Awesome!

In the standard deck this knight can be blunt and tactless, this card seems to focus on this one aspect of the role. In order to achieve the things you need to accomplish, as the knight would be expected to do, you need to manage how you communicate with others.

I knew someone professionally who was very much like the standard knight- their eventual downfall came from failure to address this particular weakness.

A very astute observation. I actually was like this while growing up. Give me the truth, I prefer brutal honesty to sugar coating an issue. But everybody doesn't think that way. Honesty and diplomacy/tact CAN walk hand in hand.

kaushalyaandfrank

Going by the LWB:

KnC - seems to be close to the traditional meaning. The 'fleeting' part is well outlined with the movement of the horse.

KnP - as per Prasomchai's post above.

KnW - seems to be close to the traditional meaning, but emphasizing the need for action rather than calm.

KnS - again, close to the traditional meaning, but allowing the meaning to be either too much or too little of the core attributes (as per the KnC).