Critical cards when deciding on a deck

Tag_jorrit

There are a few cards that are deal breakers for me. I look first at the Cavalier. Must be male on a horse who looks like he's on a mission, not in fox hunting garb, a show competitor or kid or woman on any other 4-legged beast. If there are any other humans featured prominently aside from him, the Lord, Lady & Child, not interested.

The Park should be clearly a public place because it is representative of society or several people, not a cozy backyard garden. The Ways card needs to offer at least 2 directions to go. The Tower can't be the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, the Leaning Tower of Pisa or any other tourist attraction. Coffin is a coffin; no humans in sight.

I don't do fanciful or cute in my Lenormand cards. Ever. Wry, yes. Twee, no. Nor froo-froo decorative framing of the images. Give me a deck that's been hand drawn, not collaged. I like the human touch of an artist's work in my hands. No superfluous embellishments -- excessive scenery or antiquing that darkens the image or obscures or detracts from the central figure in any way. When I read the cards I want them to talk to me quickly and clearly and that comes when the symbols jump out of the cards without my having to look closely because the image is too busy or murky.

Hard to please, aren't I? ;)

Teheuti

Hard to please, aren't I? ;)
Actually, perfect! Yes, a simple tower. At least two paths (not a single one). I like seeing a public park over a simple garden.

Clarity, clarity, clarity. And no ambiguity between cards!!!!!!!!!!