second horary sitter for practice

soot

Ah darn. there wasn't enough time for all of us to meet him so he decided to only meet those who are directly reporting to him. He's on leave until next week and my posting ends tomorrow. Guess I won't get to meet him after all x.x sorry!

Eva4

Thanks! I'm a newbie tarot reader and I find "thinking out loud" useful too! I just feel like I've shortchanged you somehow because due to my lack of understanding of horary, I cannot offer you any insights as to whether you've made any oversights. Sorry! I'll do my best to make it up to you by providing an extensive feedback.

Sorry to hear you did not get to meet with your supervisor. I'm sure you would have wanted to clear the air between you. Thank you for being understanding about my interpretative style as well. It's okay about not having any experience with horary reading but I hope my reading has given you a better understanding. I'm no expert. I do thank you for the extensive feedback. It has greatly helped!

Oh, and nevermind that thing about not using whole sign houses... I'm thinking they aren't used in horary reading because the ascendant needs to fall somewhere, right? :D

Honestly, I don't know what to say about this. I don't enjoy socializing much. That is unquestionably true. Whether I actually enjoy the senses is another matter of debate. On one hand, I think I'm more of the thinking type, so I take delight in puns, debates, mind blowing theories. Stuff like that. I enjoy good food for sure, but it's not something I take exceptional delight in (I know you're just giving an example. I'm giving you a return example with how I'm not really a "senses" person). That said, I do love to see beautiful art and nothing makes me happy like a good workout, so I suppose there's a point in what you said.

Thank you for the excellent feedback here. :) I'm thinking the ascendant does not fully describe the querent, but maybe with respect to the question. I do have a suspicion that the planet can reveal the birth sign of the querent though.

Okay, very, very true on both accounts. As I said, this supervisor of mine isn't the person that I report directly to, so we've had very limited interactions so far and the one time he actually had the opportunity to assess me, things weren't exactly in my favour. I've been awfully well-prepared all the previous times he came to my group but I never got picked to get assessed and the one time I was ill prepared, he came to me. I guess he was upset that I've not completed the work that I've been assigned, but then again, he was the one who suddenly popped additional duties on us without warning and I've had friends in the past who failed to complete their jobs as well and none of them got reprimanded as badly as I did. I suppose there's a saying that if someone takes the extra effort to scold you more, it means it's because he has higher expectations of you, but it certainly did not come across feeling like he was scolding me because he expected more from me. More like he thinks I'm the kind who slacks in my duties, which is not true and it hurts because I actually put in a lot more effort than some of my friends who have his absolute approval.

I'm thinking all the water used to describe your supervisor is actually describing the relationship (indirect), because that's how the feminine (water) communicates. Scorpio in horary is ruled by Mars and it can be the type of anger or hostility that is not usually direct but it can heat up after a long period of time. Anyway, I'm thinking perhaps your supervisor is ruled by Mars and perhaps born into a water sign. Mars and Venus are two very opposite energies. The ascendant, your moon, and MC definitely tell me that you are putting in the effort. You work well with routine and so I can see why sudden duties could have thrown you (and usually most people) off. I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell you why he picked on you, but Scorpio, again, is the type of sign that is said to be prone to personal grudges. I'm sure it was nothing personal on your part. Again, Pisces represented this person as well but more of how you saw/felt about them.

To answer you, yes, he's very much in the dark about me due to poor communication. Likewise, I'm in the dark about him as well because I don't know what he wants. I'm usually quite good at picking up what my lecturers expect of us but he's really just an enigma to me.

As mentioned above, lot of water in key houses with key planets.

YES!!! Exactly this. As mentioned above, he feels like I'm slacking and don't take my duties seriously.

I've noticed Saturn can really be a party pooper to whatever house it sits. However, doesn't always mean it's a bad planet. It can indicate things that last like good furniture or friends in certain aspects.

Eh, I am a very pragmatic person. lol. I've been told this many times before. I'm a very typical Capricornian. I do hope the whole tension between us is really because I just don't understand him and have been misreading him this whole time!

You being Venus, him Mars is partly what had do with miscommunication. These can be very opposing planets. Yet, they can and do complement each other if aspected favorably. Here, it wasn't the case. Cancer sits in the 3rd house which rules communication. Again, another water sign. The moon in Capricorn is also opposed this house, showing me you in opposition to such an indirect relationship and supervisor's communication style. Your moon sits in a very good sign, which gives this planet stability from its otherwise unstable nature. So, you may have good concentration when it comes to your job.

This really is the core of the problem, isn't it? T___T

What matters is you doing a good job and your supervisor correcting you appropriately (not picking on you). You are ruled by earth, so it matters to you that you are being productive in positive ways. Who cares about them personally liking you... LOL I think? :)

Yes. He did mention that he felt like I don't work fast enough. He wondered how is it that I failed to complete a job the given time frame. It's hard to explain, but let's use an analogy here. Let's say an average person takes 30minutes to wash a car. Now, I've had 2 hours to wash 3 cars, so that should have been more than ample time. But I took longer than usual because I spent extra time cleaning out the tyres, the cushions etc. which he couldn't care less about, but failed to take a look at the engine of one of the cars, which was a crucial point to him.

The situation here is that I am in the healthcare field and I took extra time to ask after the patient's worries and concerns and addressed the underlying problems leading to their problems but all he cared about was how was the patient's blood pressure and glucose control while they were in the hospital. I was upset because while those are undeniably important things as well and any other lecturer would have been upset that I've failed to take note of it (I was in the midst of hunting down those details when he showed up), they would at least have appreciated the fact that I took the trouble to help solve the problem from the root level. For this supervisor, he didn't even ask about it because those things don't matter and when I tried to bring it up, he just cut me off.

I'm also in the healthcare field and I know how supervisors can come down on their students/trainees/etc. It's no fun, especially when they are nit picky. I do think again Mars being in the 12th could have something to do with your supervisor's passive aggression (cutting you off) and/or hidden anger on his part, but also your reaction as well. No one is really opening up a dialogue and confronting the other, which is what Mars is about.

OMG. You nailed him right down to the core, especially with that comeback part. I once asked him what he expects of us and he went, "I don't expect anything of you. I just hope you will learn to expect it of yourself." Like, what is that even supposed to mean???!!! Then the next day, he started expressing his disappointment about how I failed to think holistically and that even though my response is typical to what my previous lecturers want, I should learn quickly that different lecturers want different things and I should tailor-make my responses according to what they want from us. Like, what is this??!!! If you don't tell me what you want, OF COURSE I won't be able to deliver what you want.

Noted. You at least want your supervisor to be direct on some of the things they expect. To me, it seemed like he was doing it through correction, again, a rather indirect way of letting you know what he was expecting. It's been my experience that most supervisors don't like to explain stuff directly, and if they do, it's like you've asked that question for the 100th time. Sometimes I'm just afraid to ask because I know I'll get a soured tone.

T___T I had a bad feeling that this is the case. Yikes.

I know it sounds corny, but look at this as a learning experience. You know what communication style works for you and what doesn't. But it's good that you were looking forward to meeting with him to discuss the issues here.

I'm a very straight forward person but if he cuts me off halfway every time I try to say something, I can't get my messages across! It doesn't help that I have difficulty summarizing what I intend to say within a few words. Being succinct isn't exactly my strong point.

Yes. He has two side projects going on that has nothing to do with academia at all but I'm somehow involved in both of them simply because I'm working to get into his good books. Some days, I wonder why I even care because so far, even though he has these projects going on, he himself never shows up for long. Like, he'll pop in for a few seconds to check on us, then off he goes.

*sigh* Why do I get the same feeling?

A clash of character it sounds like. Being cut off is my life story, but, not going to make excuses as to why he's doing this. From what you say he's not giving you the time you need to be heard or to the students under his supervision. The only way I can relate the chart data to this is that water signs are the hallmark of things going on in the background that stay there.

THANK YOU for this advice. I'll be meeting him one-on-one this Tuesday. I'll update you later on how things go.

Thank you for this reading, Eva!
I'll update you on what happens during our meeting later (latest by Friday)

No problem, hun. I'm glad I was able to shed some light on the matter. I wish you lots of luck with your academia and career. I am sure you have found it to be a very rewarding experience aside from the criticism/co-worker drama. Haha. Thank you once again for sitting.