Legend: The Universe: The Giants' Dance

Lyones

The dancer twirls, almost naked, at Stonehenge, she is unrestricted, unhindered, uninhibited ... celebrating both life and freedom. Her veil flows with her movement, and cascades on the air, making her seem to float with the joy she carries inside of her. Her creative expression is a natural outpouring of enthusiasm and evokes an appreciation for the grace with which she conveys her delight. The wand in her hand indicates her ability to create and direct her life. She is fulfilled, both physically and spiritually, and throws her arms wide to embrace the universe in all it's glory.

The circle of stones are said to be symbolic of the "navel" of Britain, once having stood on Mount Killaraus in Ireland, transported to Salisbury Plain by Merlin. The stones are also attributed magical healing powers because they were retrieved from a water source which once washed over them. The shape in which they are placed indicates life's cycles.

inanna_tarot

This is one of my favourite cards in the deck, though slowly they are all becoming my favourite cards ;)

The dancing spirit seems so liberated. She is free, able to do and be and feel whatever she wants. Its like she's finally found the wide world around her. The veil to me, comes up with an image of a kite. The veil is the string, you are tied to the earth, you are of the earth, but you can be up in the clouds in any direction and dance and be whatever you want in the air to your hearts content. The silver veil or thread as often been noted as the connecting piece, the cord between the soul and the body, and many of those who have astrally projected themselves use the silver thread exercise, or see it there either way.

I've had this card come up in a couple of readings recently, and I feel liberated, I have my self grounded but now find so many options in my life that my kite hasn't really taken off just yet lol.

On my recent trip to Stonehenge, I just held the picture of this card in my head the whole time. I could feel that connectedness, feel how deep down the stones must go, but send their energy and the energy of their rituals and mysteries way out into the world, to be taken in, used and reused by others, to invoke creativity and passion in others, to liberate them. To see the only thing that really matters is that primal connection and the rest is your choice, the other things that bring you down are the ones that you let do that to you.

This card is a great reminder of exactly how much you have to learn once you complete one cycle, how much there is in the world to explore and through her dancing spirit you can tap into that and be free....

till you become the Fool again ;)

Sezo
x

WalesWoman

What is it with music...I see this card and think, "Dance, dance, dance" or "Dance the night away". Depending on my question and where this card ends up...it can be the joy of knowing things are done. The Victory, celebratory dance, so happy there is nothing left to do, no string untied and can finally go on to something new or on to the next level. Like getting a promotion and a new office or something like that...same but different with benefits.

Other times, there is nothing more, things have reached as high as they can go...whatever you had to do is done and it's time to take the final bow. I can almost see it as leaving this life to begin another plane of existence.

How odd that you chose this card, in light of the news I recieved last night of a freind possibly in the end stages of cancer. I feel badly because I gave him a ride to town and didn't want to talk about spots on his lungs, didn't hug him, didn't wish him luck, because he was just going to town, not supposed to end up in the hospital emergency room and be admitted. He was just supposed to get an MRI and come straight back, but things went off quickly. Now we just wait to hear any sort of news...

So in this contemplative state of mind...I'm seeing this as celebrating the life one has lived, finding peace in it, looking back at all the ups and downs, everything you have accomplished, the freinds you have loved, your family and children, and taking joy from that. Finding satisfaction from the choices you have made, looking over your whole life and having the chance to make your goodbyes. Basically I guess evaluating your life and making peace with it.

Sophie-David

Wow! Each of you have already said such profound things, its as if I've never seen the card until now. Also, rereading the card description in the Keeper of Words, I felt as if I had never read it before. These lines are particularly standing out at the moment, from page 113:
Under the heavens and amidst the stones, the dancer celebrates life in her victory dance of being. This ecstasy comes from deep within, when the conscious and the subconscious work in unison. This leads to encounters, however brief, with the superconscious and its lasting gifts of faith
I am regretting that I never saw the stones when I lived in England as a child. I am thinking of how she is dancing through time, and that her dance goes beyond it.

Yesterday I experienced what I call Eirian consciousness for perhaps half the day until I went to sleep - it is a state in which I feel and know the interconnectedness of all people, creatures and other things, that I am in them and they are in me. It was different yesterday, for the consciousness also extended through time. I connected with the eternal self who dwells in each of us and saw how he/she already knows the future because she/he stands apart from time. I think this must be how divination works, we hear from this part of ourselves, but it is seldom we hear in full consciousness.

This inner knowing, this part of the self which wraps around time knows the best path. But it doesn't take away from free will at all, it makes it a responsibility to discover and follow the best path in this particular field of reality. In Eirian consciousness lie the "encounters, however brief, with the superconscious and its lasting gifts of faith".

I am sorry about your friend, WalesWoman. If this is his time to cross the rainbow bridge, I hope he will have the opportunity to leave it as you describe:
WalesWoman said:
So in this contemplative state of mind...I'm seeing this as celebrating the life one has lived, finding peace in it, looking back at all the ups and downs, everything you have accomplished, the freinds you have loved, your family and children, and taking joy from that. Finding satisfaction from the choices you have made, looking over your whole life and having the chance to make your goodbyes. Basically I guess evaluating your life and making peace with it.
Finally Sezo, I couldn't agree more:
inanna_tarot said:
This card is a great reminder of exactly how much you have to learn once you complete one cycle, how much there is in the world to explore and through her dancing spirit you can tap into that and be free....

till you become the Fool again