Legend: Justice/ Lady of the lake

WalesWoman

LoL Evil Bitch! Well, maybe when you are feeling the edge of the sword!

What about Karmic Justice? Getting your just desserts from past behavior? Like David was saying about the Form...
universal law and cosmic process establish an appointed order for passing from one state into another.

Funny how many people think life is unfair but don't look at the consequences of their choices or things they do or even their attitudes as what brings about Justice in their lives. I myself haven't done much checking into my past life, so it must have been a real mixed bag, think I must have been a real procrastinator and didn't use my talents, since I was blessed with so many in this one, that I can't use them all...sort of. And a real nasty so and so as well, since it seems like I've had lots of hard knocks...but figured that was to keep this Leo ego in balance. There we go, balance again!!!

Philosophically, if we didn't experience any injustice in the world, no sadness, no pain, no privation, no love, we wouldn't appreciate it's opposites as much. We wouldn't know wrong from right, joy from sorrow, love from hate, it would all be pretty much the same. Not harmony so much as total mundane blah.
Life would be flat and gray and boring as can be. I can never remember if Justice is my soul card or personality, but she is one of them. So I guess I can count her as my precious freind that has her bitchy moments. LOL And don't we all?

PS Thanks David for that cool link...I can't wait to check it out, maybe it will help me make some sense from my horoscope.

snowy25

WalesWoman said:
LoL Evil Bitch! Well, maybe when you are feeling the edge of the sword!

Jep, that's what I meant.
I don't know much about past lifes and prefer not digging out mine (if I had one).
I play with the thoughts I might have been a woman hater or a womeniser so in this life I'm punished for this.

if we didn't experience any injustice in the world, no sadness, no pain, no privation, no love, we wouldn't appreciate it's opposites as much. We wouldn't know wrong from right, joy from sorrow, love from hate, it would all be pretty much the same. Not harmony so much as total mundane blah.
Life would be flat and gray and boring as can be. I can never remember if Justice is my soul card or personality, but she is one of them. So I guess I can count her as my precious freind that has her bitchy moments. LOL And don't we all?!

She's both my friend and enemy.
My friend at this time.

Be seeing you

Love and light

Snowy25

Sophie-David

WalesWoman said:
Philosophically, if we didn't experience any injustice in the world, no sadness, no pain, no privation, no love, we wouldn't appreciate it's opposites as much. We wouldn't know wrong from right, joy from sorrow, love from hate, it would all be pretty much the same. Not harmony so much as total mundane blah.
Life would be flat and gray and boring as can be.
Very much like Hell in fact! It brings to mind the Garden of Eden, and this passage from Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth, large format edition, page 48:
And so Adam and Eve have thrown themselves out of the Garden of Timeless Unity, you might say, just by the act of recognizing duality...All things in the field of time are opposite. So this is the shift of consciousness from the consciousness of identity to the consciousness of participation in duality. And then you are in the field of time.
In this sense Justice is the celebration of the laws of duality, of cause and effect, action and responsibility. Justice seeks to balance the dualities; Temperance seeks to fuse them. In musical metaphor, Justice is found in the melodic sequence; Temperance is found in static harmony. Justice takes us into Time; Temperance takes us out of Time.

In considering the Majors as dynamic or static, as propelling us forward in time or slowing us down and tending to negate time, a list of dualities is forming. ;) The dynamic Majors would be Fool, Magician, Empress, Lovers, Chariot, Hermit, Wheel, Justice, Tower, Sun, Judgement, World. The static Majors would be High Priestess, Emperor, Hierophant, Strength, Hanged One, Death, Temperance, Devil, Star, Moon. This is just a first try, and some of them are certainly debatable, such as Death and the Moon. Well, that was an interesting excursion...

WalesWoman

snowy25 said:
I don't know much about past lifes and prefer not digging out mine (if I had one).
I play with the thoughts I might have been a woman hater or a womeniser so in this life I'm punished for this.
My feelings exactly, I'm sure I was one big oppressive jerk and got several children on women and wasn't much concerned or devoted to anything but me... now I get to feel what it was like, guess it could have been worse. So I must be making some progress...if indeed I had past lives, which I think I must have and have many more to go, there's just too many things I'm not going to get to finish in this one. So Justice tempered with mercy this time around. LOL

sophie-david said:
In considering the Majors as dynamic or static, as propelling us forward in time or slowing us down and tending to negate time, a list of dualities is forming. The dynamic Majors would be Fool, Magician, Empress, Lovers, Chariot, Hermit, Wheel, Justice, Tower, Sun, Judgement, World.
The static Majors would be High Priestess, Emperor, Hierophant, Strength, Hanged One, Death, Temperance, Devil, Star, Moon. This is just a first try, and some of them are certainly debatable, such as Death and the Moon. Well, that was an interesting excursion...
This sounds like a good intro for a new thread...to really jump into and talk about. It's funny you mentioned the static and dynamic natures of the various Majors and their dualistic qualities. Sometimes I get a deja vu feeling when I'm reading the cards, like haven't I heard or seen something like this before and was beginning to wonder is the main theme was one of harmony and balance, simply in different disguises.

Lyones

The Lady of the Lake is larger than life, beautiful and austere - not someone you'd mess with, she is formidable ... like Judge Dredd's "I Am the Law".

In the Keeper of Words, Anna-Marie says "The determination and decisive actions of the sword are in equilibrium with the mercy and protection of the scabbard." In the story, the Lady of the Lake meters out her judgement of Arthur swiftly and decisively, recognising him as the one who should carry the sword Excalibur and granting him protection. I also see this card as Arthur being made an emissary of the land's law and justice and making him aware of the responsibility he carries.

snowy25

Hi Lyones (I love the name btw),

In the legend of Arthur I get the feeling he was as a child taken very good care of.
He learnd a lot from Merlin and according to A Keeper of Words Merlin takes him to The lady of the lake.
He must have learned a good remembereble lesson from her.

Lyones

Thanks Snowy :)

Yes, I think meeting someone like the Lady of the Lake would have considerable impact on the way he dealt with things after that. Even the reasons given for Guenevere being tied at the stake in the 8 of Swords, were because he was upholding the law, not because it was what he wanted to do, and Mordred used those same laws against Arthur by making Guenevere's affair with Lancelot public knowledge and accusing her of treason. Although laws are set in place to protect us, their rigidness often does not allow for any kind of deviation or flexibility, and sometimes seem so wrong.

snowy25

At my work we have some lawbooks.
Once or twice in a half year I have read some parts of it.
Most of them where very conflictig.
You have a law and jet there are exeptions that aren't clear or other laws conflicting with it.
I'm not shure if this goes for all the countries but shurely for the Netherlands.
For me they are mostly puzzeling me.
Some people, like in a caurtroom have made their jobs working with them and manipulating them.
For me it's like you throw me in a pool when I just can't swim...

What I'm trying to say is that the law systems are so complicated you can go almost everywhere with them if there where no juges and jurers.
I can imagine in those times a lot of people used them as they wished.
Most people couldn't read and allmost everything the land stood for was to be trusted on people with a higher rank.
And I meant with the caretaking of Arthur by Merlin and the Lady of the lake, they wanted to be shure he was seperated from his home as a child so he wouldn't become a manipulating king.
Therefor he needed an upbringing that would take a lot of guidens from the wise.

Snowy25