Faulkner tarot????

Le Fanu

I've seen this before. Maybe on amazon too. the story behind it is very touching if you read on the site but - sadly - as images it does nothing for me. Looks like somebody else's photograph album with images of people I don't know. I'm not sure I could read with pictures of someone else's wedding who I've never met. Funny, Bea Nettles Mountain Dream Tarot (another photographic deck of people I've never met) now feels like something from another era and there is that poetic removal and - with the passing of time -it feels that little bit more remote. This one just doen't work for me.

Wendywu

I've seen it around in my town because the creator comes from somewhere round this way (Totnes area I think). Like Le Fanu I haven't bothered because I don't find photographic decks easy at all. I agree though that it is a very touching story, and she's obviously put a lot of work into the deck.

Aerin

I'm thinking of getting it just because such a lot of thought has gone into it, and also because I love black and white photography so even if it doesn't work as tarot it may work as art for me.

I found very little on line other than the author's website.

gregory

I have it.

Because I am a deck hog - thanks Aerin.... :*

But I don't like it, I have to say. The story is very sad - but I don't warm to the cards at all. They aren't unattractive - good photography - but as tarot it doesn't work, for me.

Aura Wolf

The photographs are nice, but I can see how it could work for some and not for others. I have to say that is the most depressing thing I've seen in quite a while.

Aerin

Why depressing? You mean the story or the photographs? I don't find the photographs depressing personally, most of the images I can see look hopeful more than anything.

Carla

There's a session about this deck scheduled in the 2012 TABI conference: http://www.tabiconference.co.uk/#/workshop-schedule/4539469781

I went to the website just to view the images. I have to agree, it leaves me absolutely cold. I haven't read the story of how it came about, though. I see from her header on her website she's widowed. It says in the first line of her page: 'Rhiannon Faulkner is a young widow and mother of five.' Then an image of 10 of Cups, a wedding photo, is the first image you see. So I believe I see where the deck is going...

Does anyone use it?

martyn_uk

I have it too but don't read with it.

It's a very well put together deck but it's far too personal for me to connect with. It really is like a personal photo album. The story and the idea behind it is extremely moving. Rhiannon Faulkner who designed the deck is an incredibly lovely warm person too :)

louiseb

The Faulkner Tarot

can anyone tell me please if you have worked with the faulkner deck its called
The First Modern Photographic Tarot Deck by Rhiannon Faulkne. The deck is for sale at 33.00 pounds sterling and i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this deck.
thanks guys