FAVORITE MAJORS ONLY DECK?

G6

Hey Folks!

Was wondering what everyone's favorite majors only deck is and how you use it?

Look forward to your replies!

Thanks!

✌🏻

G6

RavenOfSummer

I have only one- Tarot de l'ange liberte, which I absolutely love: https://www.latelierdemyrrha.com/jeux-tarots-livres-dvd/tarot-de-l-ange-liberté/

I really bought it because I was in love with the artwork, and haven't read with it (it is the rare exception in my deck collection- other than this one I stick with decks I want to read with!). Aside from being majors only, it has the other unusual characteristic of the cards being HUGE.

But in general, it seems to me that majors-only decks could be really useful if you just want to pull a specific archetype or archetypes to work with. I've also seen some majors-only spreads- the book that comes with the Celtic Wisdom Tarot (the Caitlin Matthews deck) has a spread that uses ALL the majors, and only the majors, for example.

Penthasilia

I typically do 3 card spreads with majors only decks.

And I anticipate my favorite one will be the one in the mail coming from the UK- one of those wish list wonders that I didn't think would be a reality.

G6

I typically do 3 card spreads with majors only decks.

And I anticipate my favorite one will be the one in the mail coming from the UK- one of those wish list wonders that I didn't think would be a reality.

And the name of this decks is... 😊

Morwenna

The only one I have right now is the Psychobilly and I love it to pieces! Actually it also includes the aces. And among the Kickstarter bonuses was a sample of a court card. I wish they'd get the whole deck going!

That said, I mainly use it for meditation. And there's so much in it to meditate on, if you know the referents! Sometimes it's just a lot of fun, and sometimes, it's like, oh, yeah, hmm... But I do like the addition of the aces; I use them for foci.

Rose Lalonde

Tarot ReVisioned. It's packed with tiny details and symbolism that adds to my understanding, and are some of the most gorgeous majors out there in my eyes, though the card stock and size are like a set of postcards. -- (ETA: It's BIG, so doesn't feel particularly like cards, more like small art prints, but needs to be big for the details, I think. Border sizes vary widely between cards.)

(Nostalgic runner up goes to Mary-el majors & aces from '03, since it was her blog that switched me from runes to tarot.)

Le Fanu

Of the mainstream ones, I really do like LoS' Golden Wirth. It reads so well for me, as does the majors only Tarocchi d'Arte of the III Millennium.

I also love this French edition, Majors only, Le Tarot Divinatoire, which I use a lot

Attachments

• LeTarotDivinatoire.Bleuze.jpg
    LeTarotDivinatoire.Bleuze.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 475