venus conjunct pluto in synastry

ANA

Hello,

i read the rules but still not sure how to post here, so hoping i am not breaking any, here is my question?

i have done a synastry chart for two friends of mine

he has Venus conjunct Pluto in his own chart in Virgo
the synastry chart has her Pluto conjunct his Venus
of course there is the Pluto/Pluto conjunction also but it is a generational conjunction and although it is important did not look to me as important as the V-P conjunction.

i have read that this conjunction in a synastry chart speaks of soul mates - two souls that were once one and are finding each other in each life time

what is your opinion on this?

214red

i am sore one of the more qualified people will jump in, but like all charts its about all of the chart not just one planet.

dadsnook2000

Generational AND Personal

The outer planets are often considered "generational" but they can also be personal if any of them are angular in one's natal chart or in hard aspect to personal planets. As has been noted, it all depends upon the whole chart. Dave

ANA

Hello,

OK i see i did not get the rules right.
I was not asking for a chart interpretation, but more on your take on the soul mates interpretation of the V-P conjucntion, if you too interpret it that way.

Do you mean i should post both charts? i dont want to ask for a free interpretation, just wanted some insight on that single aspect.

sorry i am more used to posting in the tarot section.

thanks
ana

214red

i think your asking what aspects would indicate a soulmate in synastry charts.

There is a wealth of information on the important planets on the web, as far as i am aware it is a combination of possible aspects.

Perhaps this would be a good time to have a quick discussion on synastry aspects.

as far as i have read venus conjunct sun can indicate a big attraction.

i will try and add some links and info when i get home as this is an interesting subject.

ANA

214red thank you, thank you

i would love to have a discussion on soul mates aspects in synastry

i dont have permission to post the actual birth data

but i will try and give as much information to make the discussion worthwhile

sun libra; do not know ascendant; moon scorpio; venus virgo; pluto virgo; mars libra; mercury libra;

sun gemini; ascendat gemini; moon capricorn; venus aries; pluto virgo; mars leo; mercury cancer;

look forward to it
ana

214red

its not so much the planets, but for longevity its more the aspects between planets in the charts which are tell tell signs.

but i have also learnt that the progression on the planets have a part to play in this too, but dont know much about it

dadsnook2000

An example

A fine example of "generational" planets also being personal planets, and showing how that person caused a big change in the world around them, can be found in the chart of Pamela "Pixie" Coleman Smith. Pixie was the artist of the Rider Waite tarot deck, now renamed the Waite-Smith deck.

Pixie's Sun at 27 Aquarius was opposite Uranus at 27 Leo and square Pluto at 24 Taurus --- a potent T-Square aspect. If we quote directly from Ebertin's CoSI, we find, "The urge to go for independence and freedom, untiring creative work, the tendency to make the highest demands on one's physical energy, strong emotional tensions. Over-excitement of the nerves, a breakdown, a catastrophe."

Pixie's tarot artistry transformed the tarot world and made tarot accessible for many. Her other work placed her in the vanguard of published art in news papers and children's stories. Her work was the first to use, at the turn of the century (1900), a revolutionary form of color printing --- paper printing up until that time was very limited, often hand colored. She won innumerable awards, sold her work through New York art galleries. Her full chart can be found on Astro-Databank. If any are interested, we can talk more about her chart. There is no birth time noted, so that source shows a noon birth. Dave

dadsnook2000

For ANA

As Pamela Coleman Smith's chart shows, she can (and did) tie into those outer Generational planets. However, in a Synastry situation, links from one's personal planets to another's outer planets does not involve anything "generational." Instead the keywords of Venus in one chart need to be viewed relative to the keywords of Pluto in the other chart.

One could find an intense, fundamentally changing, powerful, overwhelming, secretive, on-again-off-again (Pluto words) love, attraction, companionable, harmonious, desire, self-gratification, acquisitive (Venus words) combination of situations between two people ---all modified by what their respective full charts show. Dave

Minderwiz

I might be missing something here (probably am LOL) but going from my reading of the original post:

He has Venus conjunct his Pluto
There is a Pluto/Pluto conjunction between his chart and her chart

If that is a correct reading of the information then her Pluto is very likely to be conjunct his Venus, and indeed anyone of the millions of people who share the generational position of Pluto will have their Pluto(s) conjunct his Venus,

In which case the conjunction has no meaning at all in their synastry (or extremely little) and we need to kow more about the two charts.

Edited to add:

Some knowledge of the angles and houses would help to see if there's any particular significance in this case. Sadly without that information it's difficult to make any definite conclusions, even using the additional data.