Chariot clarified by 7 of Cups Rx as relationship outcome

LeFou

Chariot = purest Yang, so the drive toward victory, the need to win, grasping for something specific (as opposed to, let's say, a holistic observing of the wider "organic" context).

7 of Cups Rx = Yang in the kingdom of Water. Imagine a Chariot trying to cross through water -- there's no focus, no traction, it's overwhelming and it bogs down. There's of course a sense of "something false or illusory" and (depending on how you read reversals) the Rx can imply "intensified," delayed, obscured, subconscious.

Just very generally, Yang is not overly auspicious for relationships because it's competitive and focused, i.e., "zero sum" (someone gains while someone loses, so to speak). Also very generally, Yin is a bit more auspicious simply because it blends, receives, observes and responds, taking its time.

But those are generalities.

Pique Dame

I think these two have similar goals as indicated by the Chariot. They may have come together because they work in the same field or complement each other. It is not the most romantic relationship as indicated by the 7 of Cups reversed.
Wow, that's actually true. They do work in the same field.

I agree with Amanda about the 7 of Cups reversed. It's the dropping of illusion. There's no future choices to be made because the choice has already been made. They have emptied all the cups, removed the illusions and are working together on a strong relationship.

Another take, and I think this is the one you are leaning towards, is that they will fall out of love (7c rx) and take control of their own lives separately. Work is very important to one of them and will override the relationship.
Well, this person tends to lose interest once that illusion fades.

Edit: Thinking about the clarifying aspect. The 7 of Cups reversed is clarifying the Chariot. What they have in common is control. The outcome could be controling emotions. It depends on whether or not someone likes that. I personally don't like romantic feelings very much. I am much more content when I am in a relationship that is calm and grounded. Are these two super romantic? If they are, then this combo could indicate a breakup, but if the are not romantic, but rather earthy and grounded, then this is a strong combination and a good relationship.
They act super lovey-dovey but, like I stated, the surrounding cards indicated things are not what they appear. It painted a very negative picture of what's currently going on under the surface.

7 of Cups can indicate falling in love quickly. You know that whirlwind feeling that makes you feel like your drunk on love? Reverse this and we see someone who doesn't have whirlwind feelings. This can be a good thing. Sometimes when the rush of love wears off, we are left with the real everyday aspects of a relationship.
Well, this person always jumps in full steam ahead and then eventually runs out of steam and jumps ship. That's why I thought this card was representing that.

Chariot = purest Yang, so the drive toward victory, the need to win, grasping for something specific (as opposed to, let's say, a holistic observing of the wider "organic" context).
So you're saying the relationship is becoming more like a competition?

7 of Cups Rx = Yang in the kingdom of Water. Imagine a Chariot trying to cross through water -- there's no focus, no traction, it's overwhelming and it bogs down. There's of course a sense of "something false or illusory" and (depending on how you read reversals) the Rx can imply "intensified," delayed, obscured, subconscious.

Just very generally, Yang is not overly auspicious for relationships because it's competitive and focused, i.e., "zero sum" (someone gains while someone loses, so to speak). Also very generally, Yin is a bit more auspicious simply because it blends, receives, observes and responds, taking its time.
Not sure I'm following everything you said, but it sounds like you're implying things losing focus and becoming competitive.

Amanda

Could the Chariot also indicate aggression? Maybe the 7/C Rx means the illusion is gone.

By itself, I don't think the Chariot is aggressive. Maybe with a more active fire or air card it could be. The Chariot to me is more disciplined in action, kind of militant, acting with a purpose; assertive. If the Chariot represented a leader, for instance, that leader would know when to play offense and defense to get ahead and clear the path.

Laurelle

I think these two cards can go either way. They could symbolize a break up or they could symbolize a settling into the relationship. I think the other cards are important in the context. If you post the full spread in My Readings I'll take a look at it.

Puffette

I got the Chariot as the future of a relationship, clarified by 7 of Cups Rx. Chariot is a 7 so there's probably something to that as 7's indicate conflict and choice. The rest of the reading felt overall negative. I would have thought Chariot would mean moving forward in a positive direction, but when clarified by 7 of Cups Rx, I have a hard time seeing that. How would you read this combination? I may end up moving this to your readings.

I always take the chariot as being a positive card and i can give u examples. As in your case u said that the reading was overall negative..well the chariot will make u get over the obstacles and negative elements and the outcome is victory.
As feelings i like it as it means that the person is heading towards u decisive about conquering u.
It's a card of speed and desire!
The 7 of cups rx is the opposite of the confusion. The dream becomes reality(also includes fears), there's no more fog. It suddenly hits u like a tower moment and u stop fantasising. The person that has the 7 of cups i usually describe it as living in his own little world. In reversed the person becomes grounded and knows what he/she wants.
This combination sugests that the relationship will be grounded,both partners knowing what they want from each other and your choices become action. No more illusion.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Too many choices.

Th chariot represents potential, but only if you make a single choice or go down one path. You can't fdo more than one project at once. The seven of cups means lots of choices, so together, there is anything or many choices for you to do or pick, but you need to make a choice! And there is potential.

Pique Dame

I think these two cards can go either way. They could symbolize a break up or they could symbolize a settling into the relationship. I think the other cards are important in the context. If you post the full spread in My Readings I'll take a look at it.
Maybe I'll post it later. Kinda burned out on it right now. :( If I do, I'll let you know.

I always take the chariot as being a positive card and i can give u examples. As in your case u said that the reading was overall negative..well the chariot will make u get over the obstacles and negative elements and the outcome is victory.
As feelings i like it as it means that the person is heading towards u decisive about conquering u.
It's a card of speed and desire!
The 7 of cups rx is the opposite of the confusion. The dream becomes reality(also includes fears), there's no more fog. It suddenly hits u like a tower moment and u stop fantasising. The person that has the 7 of cups i usually describe it as living in his own little world. In reversed the person becomes grounded and knows what he/she wants.
This combination sugests that the relationship will be grounded,both partners knowing what they want from each other and your choices become action. No more illusion.
One of the 2 parties definitely lives in their own little world. I figured there was something behind the number 7 figuring so significantly in the outcome.

Th chariot represents potential, but only if you make a single choice or go down one path. You can't fdo more than one project at once. The seven of cups means lots of choices, so together, there is anything or many choices for you to do or pick, but you need to make a choice! And there is potential.
So perhaps this combination is heading down a path (chariot) that you have chosen (7/C). Although that's not a very specific outcome.

LeFou

So you're saying the relationship is becoming more like a competition?

Not necessarily that, but more simply, "essential Yang" decided to appear for some reason, so one or both presumably have a "specific goal" they intend to achieve (Chariot = Yang) but there is an obstacle in not knowing how to get there (7 of Cups Rx) (your words "loss of focus" is very apt, I think).