Vision Quest - Five of Air

Soaring Eagle

Description: There are five large feathers laid out on the ground in a star shape. A raven is flying over the feathers.

Significant Details: The feathers laid out in the inverted star shape signify the loss of hope. The raven, which has an aura, signifies that he is bringing us a message from the spirit world.

My Interpretation: You are consumed by fear and confusion. You are doubting yourself, and are mentally fatigued. You may experience feelings of abandonment. You may experience problems in a relationship, possibly thoughts of abandonment.

My Feelings About This Card: This card is dark, dreary. There is a lot of brown, earthiness, and a little green. I think the green (growth) is being pushed out by our fears. The star, inverted, is giving me a sense of loss of hope, or fearing to hope. I don't like this raven, he is bringing bad news, and I don't want to hear it.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: As the 4 (contemplation) and the 6 (clarity) are on the sides of 5 (fear), maybe this card is about our believing (fearing) that bad news is coming. The 5 is dark, whereas the 4 had light, and the 6 is brilliantly bright. Maybe this card is telling us that our fears are self-produced? We are over-thinking a situation in which we have doubts? Maybe the raven isn't bringing bad news, but reminding us that our mental/spiritual health may be affected if we do not get over our unfounded fears?

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: 5 - Force, Conflict, Change, Courage, Strength, Instability, Loss, Opportunity for Change, New Cycle

Keywords*: Fear, mental agitation, confusion, trepidation, self-doubt, relationship trouble, thoughts of abandonment

Inner message*: This card reflects the fear of inadequacy and possible failure. At the same time it reminds us to take a deeper than usual look at fear. The existential fear we all carry around with us in one form or another can only be discharged by seeing through it completely. If we direct our attention at fear WITHOUT identifying with it, fear dissolves on its own. Become aware that you are not your fear!

Outward manifestation*: This is a good time to make far-reaching internal changes. Turn around to look within. Realize that blindly rushing along will only lead to further conflicts and entanglements. Only by moving away from a challenging situation, inwardly as well as outwardly, can you get calm enough to see through it and thus get a much better handle on things.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: There is a theme in this card, 6 and 7 – they each have purple on them and they feathers are surrounded by rocks. That black birds keeps feeding our fears. Become your own master to make it go away. Also around the bird, you can see his aura.

What kind of bird is it that the feathers belong to? Are the small rocks of significance, or the amount of rocks?

My Interpretation: Read Soaring Eagle's

Quote: "I wanna break free, I wanna be me. I just wanna be free. I've had enough. This is my prayer that I'll die living just as free as my hair. I've had enough, enough, enough. This is my prayer, I swear."

divinegoddess

Soaring Eagle;2904724[color=yellow said:
Thoughts/Points to Ponder:[/color] As the 4 (contemplation) and the 6 (clarity) are on the sides of 5 (fear), maybe this card is about our believing (fearing) that bad news is coming. The 5 is dark, whereas the 4 had light, and the 6 is brilliantly bright. Maybe this card is telling us that our fears are self-produced? We are over-thinking a situation in which we have doubts? Maybe the raven isn't bringing bad news, but reminding us that our mental/spiritual health may be affected if we do not get over our unfounded fears?

I see the bird as dark, feeding to our fears. However, since its white aura, maybe he is in the middle of physical and spiritual world. Telling us that we should not fear but seek solitude from the spirit realm. Guides cannot help you, unless you ask their help. Maybe he reminds you of that.