These $2.00 I Ching Cards

hunter

Is the publisher Gauranga Pte. Ltd?

Instead of an ISBN # there is an ICC #. What does that mean?

rachelcat

They have Bible verses on them. The cards are just the hexagram and text (including Bible verses!). No illustrations.

cardlady22

Bible verses? That's different. So, they each have a "related" passage? Do you own them? (a couple of examples, if so)

Another strange quirk- when I did a search for I Ching Cards + Gauranga, it put up a lot of downloadable programs. (which my system tagged as dangerous)

rachelcat

Sorry! I traded (gave) them away at Readers Studio.

BodhiSeed

Here's the reveiw for the deck at wicce:
http://www.wicce.com/ichingcards.html
If you scroll down to the bottom, you will find a link that will show some scans, including the back of the card. The box shown is the old box; in her review, she mentions the box being red now.

cardlady22

bodhran, I had the deck you are linking to (but gave it away) ~ Are we sure it's the same one being offered?

ETA: just saw that you mention a new box. But, these aren't "Bible verses" unless one is considering the I Ching a "bible" of a sort. Am I totally confused? I know that each line has a verse, but I considered it more along the lines of a proverb or poetry.

rachelcat

I think they are two different decks. The one from discountnewagebooks is the one with bible verses. (I got it from them.) The Helen Walker one, while also quite plain, is different.

BodhiSeed

Oops... My apologies for the mix-up. I see now that the one on wicce.com comes with coins and the discountnewage.com one doesn't say anything about that. We seem to have a mystery! I've done a search for "I Ching cards with Bible verses" but came up empty." Now I'm really curious what these look like!