What deck are you using now?

Grizabella

.traveller. said:
I I did try reading with the Victorian Romantic last night, after being inspired by Solitaire's reading thread... Good God, I almost lost the will to live.

It's seldom that I actually laugh out loud over things but I did laugh out loud over this and I still can't quit chuckling and grinning every time I think of it. Not because I can read with the Victorian and you can't but just because of the way you said it. It just struck me extremely funny. Thank you so much for a good laugh! LOL That's like something I or my daughters would say. :D Our sense of humor is kind of off the wall and yours seems to be, too.

Still laughing.

Maybe in time and giving it a little rest it will start speaking to you better. You probably have decks that speak to you that wouldn't speak to me. The Victorian Romantic isn't for everyone, I don't think. :)

The crowned one

Almost exclusively RRW or a close variation of it for reading. I use The Aquarian, golden tarot and the Cary-Yale Visconti occasionally, but for a serious reading for me it must be the Rider-Waite deck.

Annabelle

Right now I'm using the Fournier TdM. I've been using it exclusively for almost 2 weeks now, if memory serves. I'm sort of quietly making a go of the "one deck wonder" idea in order to better learn to use a Marseille.

missycab

I'm using the Marseilles. It's my first (and so far only) deck. I'm rather new to Tarot, so it's a bit complicated to learn with this deck. But I bought a book ("Interpretar el Tarot" by Laura Tuan - a Spanish book), which is also about the Marseilles, but the images of the cards are different, less abstract.

Sheri

.traveller. said:
I'm using oracles or oracles combined with tarot right now; I can see this trend lasting the summer. I did try reading with the Victorian Romantic last night, after being inspired by Solitaire's reading thread... Good God, I almost lost the will to live. I definitely don't have the the same connection with them that others do. Perhaps they will open up to me in time.

ROFLMAO!!! That is so funny, .traveller.! :D Not what you said of course, but the way you said it :D

I have the VR Gold, and while I can read with it, the imagery is creepy and dark to me. I guess I have read too many horror stories set in Victorian times - it is a really accurate deck too!

Right now I am in a ODW study with my first TdM - a "haunted" Grimaud that I picked up from Tarot Garden during their secret price sale a few months ago. I'm almost a month in and have only discovered how much I don't know :bugeyed: It's very exciting!

:love: valeria

.traveller.

I'm glad I made y'all laugh :D . I laughed too when I typed it, because it sounded overly dramatic...but it was true! I felt the life being sucked right out of me! It was bad enough that I was determined to put the cards immediately on the trading forum, but then I decided to do a pull on whether I should. The saucy deck gives me the one card ( I pulled three) that guaranteed that I would hang onto it a while longer. The Ace of Cups. That was the card that persuaded me to invest in the deck in the first place, I thought it was so evocative and beautiful.
Humph. Cheeky cards.

Little Hare

.traveller. said:
I'm glad I made y'all laugh :D . I laughed too when I typed it, because it sounded overly dramatic...but it was true! I felt the life being sucked right out of me! It was bad enough that I was determined to put the cards immediately on the trading forum, but then I decided to do a pull on whether I should. The saucy deck gives me the one card ( I pulled three) that guaranteed that I would hang onto it a while longer. The Ace of Cups. That was the card that persuaded me to invest in the deck in the first place, I thought it was so evocative and beautiful.
Humph. Cheeky cards.

I know what you mean tho traveller after reading everyone's great posts about how well they connected with it, i felt such a let down when i tried reading with i.... so i'm putting it away at the moment and will get it back out again later
*Hugs to all*

frelkins

I started the ODW with the Krause Millenium Majors, but couldn't connect with them. So I gave up. I like the Tarot Obscura -- those are fun majors -- but my "best" readings seem to come from the Silver Mantegna.

magpie9

Currently my #1 reading deck is Tarot of the Northern Shadows. It reads like Billy Blue Blazes for me right now. Depth, details, the whole 9 yards. I don't know why more people aren't in to this deck, but there it is. The other decks I'm using a lot right now are the Maat--the learning curve is getting easier, mostly thanks to the Author's posts in the study group forum. I'm also using the Victorian Romantic a lot, but getting better detail out of the Northern Shadows right now.

LixiPixi

I'm using three decks right now, my Golden Tarot, Housewives, and the Gilded. The Golden being my top favorite and most often used.

LP~