Hunger Games Spread

kimtsan

I'm a huge fan of the Hunger Games Trilogy, so I decided to create a spread. :) This is still a work in progress--I keep feeling like there is something missing. Please give it a try and any feedback will be appreciated!

The Hunger Games Spread

1. Katniss (the card that represents you-what is your current situation?)
2. Opponent #1 (your enemy: what is your obstacle or challenge?)
3. Opponent #2 (your enemy: what is your obstacle or challenge?)
4. Gamemaker (what is something that you cannot control that is causing you conflict?)
5. Prim (motivation: what are you fighting for in this Hunger Game?)
6. Peeta (your ally: where does your support come from?)
7. Haymitch (advice: what do you need to know to survive in this Hunger Game?)
8. Bow & Arrow (what is your best "weapon" to use when you face your foes?)

----------4-----------
-----2---------3------
---------1/8----------
----------5-----------
------6--------7------

Since the protagonist Katniss is armed with the bow and arrow and they are her best weapon, #8 is placed horizontally on top of #1 (so that it forms a mini cross).

kimtsan

Oh, I'll be willing to exchange a short reading for some feedback!! :)

Hemera

Maybe you´ve already found your way to the right place but just in case: our Reading Exchanges and Reading Circles can be found HERE

Chronata

I'm totally geeking on your spread! I am a big fan of that series as well, and I like this spread!

The only thing I think you are missing is a little positive outlook, to keep the spread balanced.

I know the Hunger Games is essentially a horrific thing...but I would like the spread to maybe include something good that would come out of the situation?

After all, Katniss's win would mean not only survival, but also (presumably) better conditions for her district.

I think you may want to drop one of the opponents in the spread (it's redundant anyway, when you add an extra card for the same query) and maybe swap it for Winning the Game...what good might come from this situation?

Anyway, I love this idea...and using the bow and arrow as a cross is very cool too!