Re-Colouring RW Lineart?

three.sword.fool

A few months back I came across scans of original(I assume) RW lineart, including hand-lettered courts and majors.

I'm undertaking the project of colouring them and designing the backs. I figure all is well as long as I don't sell them to anyone, only have one deck printed for my personal use.

Has anyone attempted this? I'd love to hear thoughts. Life is getting busy with the holiday season, but hopefully I can start sharing some pictures in the near future.

h3ll0k1tt33

please do! :)
i'm sure i am not alone in wanting to see everyone's colouring efforts.

i've been tempted to buy a few of the 'colour your own tarot' decks before, but i know i'm probably too chicken to actually commit to colouring them.
i'd probably just scan them, print them and do various colour 'experiments' in my pursuit of perfection.

and yes...i'm glad to see you also spell colour with a 'u'. it is the canadian way :D

three.sword.fool

So far I've been testing different things on one card. I'm colouring on the computer, so it's quite forgiving ; )

What's nice about colourizing it myself is that I feel I get to really know the cards more intimately. There are details that I've been overlooking up to this point.

I am basing the colours on the US Games print and am sketching out different ideas for the back.

Overall I'm thrilled, was just hoping to hear from others who have undertaken a similar project to benefit from their hindsight.