10 of cups as outcome even with negative surrounding cards?

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi everyone,

I did a relationship spread for my gf who is about to meet this blind date for the first time. My question is about the 10 of cups being the potential outcome of this relationship. This confused me because the reading seems to point out there will be a lot of challenges in this relationship, if it takes off. My take was that yes it will be challenging, but if both people can tough it out there can be happiness and emotional fulfillment?? I also clarified this 10 of cups and the wheel of fortune came out. Perhaps this relationship, if it even becomes one, will be a flash in the pan, although pleasant, but then the wheel will turn? OR It will be a tough relationship, but it can work?

Thanks!

Grizabella

Hello :)

First of all, is this a full reading? You can only ask for help with up to half of a reading in this sub-forum. The thread will need to be moved to Your Readings sub-forum if it's a full reading. If it needs moved, one of our mods will be along to help you soon.

Secondly, you have to give your own interpretation of every card you've listed in order to get input from other members. :) This is a learning forum and providing your own insight is much more helpful for learning what the cards are saying to you. Even if you don't feel you know what they mean, it's still a good way to learn.

When you come to this sub-forum, there's a banner post right at the top of the page that will help you to familiarize yourself with all the rules. It's a great help to check out the rules. :)

CaliforniaVirgo

Hi Grizabella,

I thought my post was clear. I do not need help with any of the cards other than the outcome position. I only mentioned the other cards as people often ask for the other card positions when I do not mention them. Very confusing.

The reason I was thrown by this 10 of cups is because my interpretation of the reading was a lot of struggles and probably not a smooth relationship, if it even goes there. Then the 10 of cups came up which from my experience is all about total emotional fulfillment; having it all and being very content; a happy home. The wheel of fortune, I usually see as positive, but I also understand the wheel is constantly in motion, so maybe this relationship will have many ups and downs?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Complete readings CANNOT be listed or discussed in Using Tarot Cards. Even if the cards are being posted to provide context for the card(s) the original poster (OP) wishes to discuss, they CANNOT be listed. Experience has shown us that someone will come along and interpret the cards even if the OP clearly states that they don't need help with those cards. At that point the thread will be moved to Your Readings where all complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck) are discussed.

SunChariot

Hi everyone,

I did a relationship spread for my gf who is about to meet this blind date for the first time. My question is about the 10 of cups being the potential outcome of this relationship. This confused me because the reading seems to point out there will be a lot of challenges in this relationship, if it takes off. My take was that yes it will be challenging, but if both people can tough it out there can be happiness and emotional fulfillment?? I also clarified this 10 of cups and the wheel of fortune came out. Perhaps this relationship, if it even becomes one, will be a flash in the pan, although pleasant, but then the wheel will turn? OR It will be a tough relationship, but it can work?

Thanks!

To me, the card just says that it will be very emotional. Cups = her feelings. 10 = the highest # before the Courts = the most of the element it is possible to have. That says a very very emotional time, emotions running high. In and of itself the card does not say whether the emotions will be positive or negative, just that they will be strong and a lot fo them. But given the surrounding cards, this would make me a bit wary.

Babs

CaliforniaVirgo

To me, the card just says that it will be very emotional. Cups = her feelings. 10 = the highest # before the Courts = the most of the element it is possible to have. That says a very very emotional time, emotions running high. In and of itself the card does not say whether the emotions will be positive or negative, just that they will be strong and a lot fo them. But given the surrounding cards, this would make me a bit wary.

Babs

Thank you Babs. This one has stumped me for days! I have never considered the 10 of cups anything but positive and we all hear of couples who had a rough going but made it work so I was hoping this would be that but my intuition tells me different. Thanks again!

Ace

It could also suggest a happy escape from a potentially bad relationship--maybe it is saying: RUN LIKE HELL before you get involved!

barb

kika_meow

I'd have to see the whole spread to guess, but as to speak for that 10 of Cups I would say it will be pleasant and enjoyable because the two will share some similar values, but when it comes to the evolution of the relationship it will depend on many other random factors ("fortune" as depicted in the Wheel of Forrune as aclaration) to assure its success. The wheel of fortune, for me, is the card of "nothing is written, anything can happen, it depends on how circumstances and energies lead to the end of the situation".

CaliforniaVirgo

It could also suggest a happy escape from a potentially bad relationship--maybe it is saying: RUN LIKE HELL before you get involved!

barb

Ya, I didn't feel that she needed to run necessarily but it was very confusing since his feelings toward her was the 5 of cups clarified by the 7 of wands...so not very good. So I do not understand how 10 could be positive, but I have also never seen it come up as negative in this position.

CaliforniaVirgo

I'd have to see the whole spread to guess, but as to speak for that 10 of Cups I would say it will be pleasant and enjoyable because the two will share some similar values, but when it comes to the evolution of the relationship it will depend on many other random factors ("fortune" as depicted in the Wheel of Forrune as aclaration) to assure its success. The wheel of fortune, for me, is the card of "nothing is written, anything can happen, it depends on how circumstances and energies lead to the end of the situation".

Well if it helps his feelings toward her was the 5 of cups clarified by 7 of wands, so not good. Her feelings was 6 of cups combined by judgment so I feel he will be a big lesson for her in some sense. I know she is very stuck in the past. I cannot understand if he feels not very excited towards her, how could the 10 of cups be the outcome?