RWS Tarot 101 Seven of Wands

PAMUYA

New to Tarot: what are your thoughts on this card?

Seven of Wands:

I see a man standing a top a hill holding a Wand in a defensive position, standing his ground to six on comers. His garment is green referring to the balance he must keep. He wears two different shoes, standing over a river/stream. I take this as living in two different worlds, being a different person in both, emotionally keeping them separate, fighting to keep them separate. I also see it as know exactly where you stand before defending a position.

Another thread on the different boots: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=2113

Direct: Being yourself, something worth fighting for, knowing what you want, achievement, no need to defend ones self, conviction, aggression.

Reversed: Goals not worth the struggle, indecisive, timid, letting others take advantage of you, giving authority away, trying hard to please others, retreat, forced compromise, avoiding action.

northsea

I think of it as being spirited and assertive, maybe giving a speech or pep talk, like Aragorn rallying the troops before the final battle.

rcb30872

Competition but you have the upper hand, you might be the "preferred" choice. Defending your territory, or just plain defending yourself. Being on the defensive, against attacks, either real or perceived.