O That Gnome! Reality Check

diane drizzy

July means new students in a hospital! Medical, Social Work, Psych Interns- you name it we got it! So after a really stressful week, I pulled a card and O That Gnome showed up. That one closed eye looking back at me said, "yeah-so". Well, he basically told me to lighten up, and laugh at things, rather than getting tired of the where's, what's, and how's, dealing with with all these newbies.
Just what the doctor ordered!

Laura Borealis

Good advice!
Have you ever noticed how That Gnome looks very much like Froud?

diane drizzy

Hi laura_borealis!

OMG- you're right! :eek:

Alissa

Sometimes Gnome's closed eye looks like he's winking at me. ;)

Maybe he's giving you a wink ;) diane to remind you to have fun with it... play along.

We sometimes wink at someone as a way of signalling they're "in on the joke" and should play along - like when I wink at my husband as I'm telling our son something funny.

Maybe Gnome wants you to play along more, yes? Is there any humor in the situation with the new med students as well, something that once you look at it, "gosh, it IS kinda funny that..."?

Other times, Gnome's closed eye reminds me to turn one eye inward (to better see the spiritual) while watching the rest of my outer world with my other eye (on the material).

diane drizzy

Thanks Alissa!
It's more like a "what color is the red light at the corner?" type of questions. So I guess Gnome and I can indeed laugh about that! :laugh:

TemperanceAngel

diane drizzy said:
So after a really stressful week, I pulled a card and O That Gnome showed up. That one closed eye looking back at me said, "yeah-so". Well, he basically told me to lighten up, and laugh at things, rather than getting tired of the where's, what's, and how's, dealing with with all these newbies.
I was looking for some inspiration and insight into this card, thanks diana drizzy!

magpie9

I'm really fond of O that Gnome even though he looks almost exactly like my evil 2nd Husband!! :D
I had to reeeeally work to get past that.

But he pointed out to me that he looks just like the man when the man was at his best. I laughed so hard I nearly hurt myself !!

Alissa

magpie, that is classic! I can just hear the Gnome defending himself that way... and vainly!

Giggledy snort.... :D

Sophie

I drew my first daily faery card today!...and up came O! That Gnome!

Well, all I could think of when looking at that funny face with one closed eye, two arms resting on a crouched body, was - "tu cause, tu cause, c'est tout ce que tu sais faire"! Now let me explain. Laverdure is a parrot in Zazie Dans le Metro, that classic French comic novel. Laverdure is very scornful of people and likes to tell them: "you yack and yack, that's all you ever do".

Well, with Laverdure's words in That Gnome's mouth, I was stung. Really. I looked about the flat and thought - Jesus, what a mess! Stacks of papers, clothes not put away, you get the picture. Admin all over the place...brain all over the place...

So, with That Gnome's expression pursuing me, I brought a bit of order out of the chaos, paid my bills, put away books and papers, and now feel a lot lighter and happier for it. I took myself out for lunch for a succulent pizza and a glass of Sardinian wine. With mozzarella dribling down my chin I had a weird new idea for a film script.

Now he's still looking at me, but appears to be saying - oh, so, now what? What's for dinner? What's for fun? (I've news for you, Gnome, my fun's going to be a tarot reading for elf). Pfff, you humans....give us a glass of wine, will ya? Ok, and I'll have one too. Please don't spill it...:)

MercyMe

I love how he inspired you! LOL He reminds me of an old boyfriend who is actually very much like O! That Gnome! in personality, too. I just laugh when I see him and he does have some interesting ways of motivating. :D

~Mercy