Anna K. 7 The Chariot

Briar Rose

Anna K. 7 The Chariot

This card shows a chariot rider with whip in hand flying inot the sunbright sky,
There are 2 birds in flight on the lower left corner, high above the pine trees.

The book tells that the Chariot is a hopeful departure into the unknown, into adventure, into life. Anna K. also sates that we must be reminded that being adventurous and courageous is not the same thing as being improvident and overestimating one's capabilities.

Improvident meaning; not provident : not foreseeing and providing for the future

I see this card telling me that if I am confident I can do anything. But depending on which cards are next to it, the Chariot to me could also be telling me to be careful and not rest on my laurels.

Dr.Girlfriend

VII- The Chariot

An orange, fiery sky; the charioteer in his chariot, urging his horses on towards the burning sun; flying high above the birds and trees ...
This card speaks to me of drive, will, energy, power, strong motivation, going all-out in the pursuit of a goal; really WANTING something, a lot: desire.
But what is the object of desire? It could be following your dreams, it could be Icarus flying too close to the sun, trying to be super-human. It also speaks to me of youth, like the knights, young warriors with all of the enthusiasm of youth and without the wisdom and prudence of maturity.
The charioteer's ride is undoubtedly exciting, even thrilling, but it is not grounded. Maybe you're putting all your energy into something that is a hope and not a sure thing, or maybe it's a fantasy that is not based in reality. I think the card asks but does not answer that question. And it asks the seeker to think about the Charioteer inside themselves: are they putting enough energy into their goals? Are they putting too much energy into fantasies and not facing the reality of what's really possible?
I see an implicit question in this card having to do with fantasy vs. reality. Could this Charioteer be a real person, or is he a comic book super-hero who could never exist in real life? Are you dreaming big enough? Maybe you need to be MORE Chariot-like and dream bigger. Or maybe you need to come back down to earth and be satisfied to pursue your goals in a more earthbound way. Who knows ... you must search your own soul for the answer. And look to the other cards in the draw: Pentacles would lean the meaning in one direction, Cups in another.