Tarot Art Nouveau & Italian Sculptures

bowl_of_glow

I'm having fun with this! I'll let you know when I notice others :D

misfitknits

i want to echo what cardlady said!! thank you SO much for joining aeclectic, noticing the similarities in these sculptures, and posting it for us!!!

we have been trying to get a study group going for this deck, but it's slow going! :D but this would help SO much, and i may add it, with your permission, to the thread when i start posting.

i LOVE this deck, but so many people have a hard time with reading it, i think these sculptures could add exponentially to our understanding of the meanings of the cards!!

about the study group: i have already started journaling with the deck, and will add what i've written to the study group thread, when i can find the time. so PLEASE, go to the study group thread for the tarot art nouveau by antonella castelli so we can all learn more together!!!! ^_^

misfitknits

i want to echo what cardlady said!! thank you SO much for joining aeclectic, noticing the similarities in these sculptures, and posting it for us!!!

i LOVE this deck, but so many people have a hard time with reading it, i think these sculptures could add exponentially to our understanding of the meanings of the cards!!
we have been trying to get a study group going for this deck, but it's slow going! :D but this would help SO much, and i may add it, with your permission, to the thread when i start posting. i have already started journaling with the deck, and will add what i've written to the study group thread, when i can find the time. so PLEASE, go to the study group thread for the tarot art nouveau by antonella castelli so we can all learn more together!!!! ^_^

here's the link to the study group:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1440319

bowl_of_glow

Two of Chalices

I'll try to check the thread then :)
I'm glad there's a study group for this deck, since it's the only one I own :D
I'm afraid I can't contribuite to the thread much though, since I know almost nothing about tarot. Right now I'm interested because I'm naturally curious, and when I'm curious about something I try to understand how it works.
As you might have noticed :D
Maybe it will get more serious, I don't know!

Another card today :)

Two of Chalices:
242gyex.jpg

Venere e Adone (Venus and Adonis) by Canova:
11rus0o.jpg

bowl_of_glow

The Magician

Here's the Magician:

The card:
mcwv35.jpg
(...couldn't find a bigger image)

The sculpture ('Apollo of the Belvedere', from Classical Antiquity):