Question for app users

ficbot

What do you do with the decks you don't like? I got a few of the Fool's Dog decks and one of them I turned out not to like. They took some liberties with a card which I really love in its classic form and it ruined the deck for me. I know it is only a few dollars, but it is still money and I feel bad just deleting it. But I really don't like this deck. What do you do with such apps?

emilygrace

Apple could give you a refund for it if you provide them with a legitimate enough excuse. It worked for me with a lousy palmistry app.

Yelell

I know it is only a few dollars, but it is still money and I feel bad just deleting it. But I really don't like this deck. What do you do with such apps?

Delete it. Tell yourself your few dollars went to help support the people who make the effort to put out tarot apps if it makes you feel better.

Alta

Delete it. Tell yourself your few dollars went to help support the people who make the effort to put out tarot apps if it makes you feel better.
This.

The apps are inexpensive and generally well liked. The creators are far from making their fortune this way. :)

Emily

If you are on android and bought it from the Play Store and you delete it, it will still be in your account under 'My Apps' - So in the future if you wanted to reinstall it, you could.

Same thing if you bought it from Apple or Amazon, the apps are still in your account even if you delete them from your device.

I regularly delete apps from my phone and tablet, especially games, then maybe reinstall them at a later date. :)

daenys

Sometimes an app turns out to be not what you expected and that's fine. When I buy anything on the Android app store I'm careful to test it immediately, so I can use their generous 2-hour-window refund policy if need be. Apple might have something similar, I'm not sure.

delinfrey

Also, Fool's Dog has "sampler" apps (I don't remember exactly, but I think there were even four different ones), which then feature their decks so you can see how the cards look and feel. Very helpful!

avalonian

What do you do with the decks you don't like? I got a few of the Fool's Dog decks and one of them I turned out not to like. They took some liberties with a card which I really love in its classic form and it ruined the deck for me. I know it is only a few dollars, but it is still money and I feel bad just deleting it. But I really don't like this deck. What do you do with such apps?

Bearing in mind that Fool's Dog don't design the actual cards (so it wasn't them who "took liberties" with the card) I would just be glad that I hadn't paid a lot more money for the physical deck and write it off to experience. It wouldn't feel right to get a refund as there is nothing defective with the app.

(If apps had been available earlier I would never have bought the Buckland Romani as I would have seen the icky rabbit card!).

:) :) :)

Hemera

I recently deleted one deck from my phone for the first time ever. The deck was beautiful but there were a few cards I just couldn´t live with. I actually think I saved money because if I hadn´t seen the whole deck I might have ordered it! :D

ETA: I just read avalonian´s post above. So yes, we are just glad we saved money not buying the physical deck.

Le Fanu

Delete!

I use Apple and I thought that if I delete it off my phone / iPad I can still put it back at a later date. Doesn't it stay on the iCloud or something?

I deleted the Llewellyn Classic Tarot Fool's Dog app then thought I'd give it a second chance so installed it again. Nope. Deleted it a second time! :D