Tarot and Matching Songs

IndigoWaves

I'm one of those who sometimes/randomly hears part of a song in the head while reading Tarot cards -- lyrics that highlight an overall theme or "nail down" the applicable meaning(s) of an individual card. It's an interesting occurrence... Useful, and entertaining, as well.

A good one "heard" today was:

9 of Wands - 'I Won't Back Down' (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)

It happens the other way around, too: "seeing"/sensing a particular card while listening to music... And doing so "on purpose" is definitely a fun way to learn the cards. [emoji106]

violetdaisy

Tower

I have an eclectic music collection (lacking in country, folk, blues, bluegrass - but embracing Opera and Indi and Rap...and "other)

Anyhow -
Tower - Light Before We Land - Delgados.
Devil - Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode.
Temperance - One Tribe - Black Eyed Peas

...I could make a whole tarot collection ... and I should! I have a family Apple Music subscription....

page of ghosts

Video game tunes

I was out walking today and as it came on I thought the Besaid theme from the Final Fantasy X soundtrack fit the watery suit of cups. Don't know which card though! Maybe the queen? It's been ages since I've been to that island so I don't remember what happens there other than you meet your pals, but the music really reminds me of flowing water.

Other than that... Astral Observatory from Majora's Mask for the star?
Yes, I listen to a lot of video game soundtracks :D

Wheel of Fantastic

From Mike Batt's late 70s album 'Tarot Suite' - Imbecile (The Fool); a great rocker that can be heard on YouTube.

Yep, there's an actual Tarot related album.