The Emperor as Sexual Feelings / Desire / Attraction

EnchantedOne

Usually when reading about The Emperor card, the descriptions are often limited to the kind person it can represent. Suppose The Emperor represented not the type of person themselves, but their sexual feelings, fantasies, or desires for another? For example, he/she may have the personality of The Hermit (Virgo), but their sexual desire for a specific person is The Emperor, while their sexual desire for a past love interest may have been The Page of Cups. How would that be interpreted?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I have the following...
*Note: In the descriptions I speak in terms of a male's sexual desire, but a woman could also have her sexual desires represented by The Emperor. In that case I think the woman would desire to be in scenarios such as the ones described (or roles reversed).

- His fantasies are of being sexually dominating in such a way that the woman is literally powerless to the overwhelming pleasure he provides. This dominion, though physically overpowering, would not be degrading or harmful as The Emperor is a mature card of great respectability. Perhaps fantasies where a woman is so engulfed in his strength and passion that she involuntarily whimpers or cries joyful tears during orgasm.

- His desires are not of sexual domination but more so desiring to treat a woman like an Empress when making love. Sexually he feels the desired woman is worthy of his most mature and sincere sexual affections (nothing raunchy or that of a careless playboy).

-His sexual feelings are of the desire to be in a father-like role, leading the other person sexually, teaching them the ins and outs of sex. Being the woman's authority on sex.

-ORRRR....considering that The Emperor is in great control of his passions and feelings (sexual or otherwise) this card may symbolize very controlled or even non-existent sexual feelings. He is much too in control to let himself get ablaze with sexual desire. His sexual feelings are Emperor-like in that he is too mature to get distracted.

Ruby Jewel

Usually when reading about The Emperor card, the descriptions are often limited to the kind person it can represent. Suppose The Emperor represented not the type of person themselves, but their sexual feelings, fantasies, or desires for another? How would that be interpreted?

*Note: In the descriptions I speak in terms of a male's sexual desire, but a woman could also have her sexual desires represented by The Emperor. In that case I think the woman would desire to be in scenarios such as the ones described (or roles reversed).

- His fantasies are of being sexually dominating in such a way that the woman is literally powerless to the overwhelming pleasure he provides. This dominion, though physically overpowering, would not be degrading or harmful as The Emperor is a mature card of great respectability. Perhaps fantasies where a woman is so engulfed in his strength and passion that she involuntarily whimpers or cries joyful tears during orgasm.

- His desires are not of sexual domination but more so desiring to treat a woman like an Empress when making love. Sexually he feels the desired woman is worthy of his most mature and sincere sexual affections (nothing raunchy or that of a careless playboy).

-His sexual feelings are of the desire to be in a father-like role, leading the other person sexually, teaching them the ins and outs of sex. Being the woman's authority on sex.

-ORRRR....considering that The Emperor is in great control of his passions and feelings (sexual or otherwise) this card may symbolize very controlled or even non-existent sexual feelings. He is much too in control to let himself get ablaze with sexual desire. His sexual feelings are Emperor-like in that he is too mature to get distracted.

Your turn. What do you think The Emperor Card signifies when representing sexual desire / feelings? Or if you have ever pulled this card for such a situation what insight did the results conclude?

The Emperor lacks vulnerability....his feelings were buried long ago so forget sex unless your mission is to "save" him.

EnchantedOne

@ Ruby Jewel

The Emperor lacks vulnerability....his feelings were buried long ago so forget sex unless your mission is to "save" him.

1.) Unless you are saying sexual desire in and of itself is a vulnerability, none of the examples I gave have anything to do with vulnerability. All were about exercising leadership / control in one way or another (this is NOT the Page of Cups or something).

2.) I see how one could say The Emperor is void of desire (hence my last example), however, I consider it foolish to not consider the fact that The Emperor epitomizes a leader/ ruler. All leaders are full of desire (various kinds), that is how they become leaders in the first place. Having the ability to control / utilize them skillfully and successfully does not mean they do not exist.

3.) I am NOT talking about a person, so there is nobody to "save". The Emperor in the hypothetical situation is the DESIRE not the person. If the DESIRE itself is The Emperor what would that mean?

Prilica

Usually when reading about The Emperor card, the descriptions are often limited to the kind person it can represent. Suppose The Emperor represented not the type of person themselves, but their sexual feelings, fantasies, or desires for another? How would that be interpreted?

Your turn. What do you think The Emperor Card signifies when representing sexual desire / feelings? Or if you have ever pulled this card for such a situation what insight did the results conclude?
This person, man or woman, likes being in control during sex. They want to be in charge. I don't see any emperor being submissive...

EnchantedOne

@ Prilica

This person, man or woman, likes being in control during sex. They want to be in charge. I don't see any emperor being submissive...

This is the impression I get based on what The Emperor card is all about (hence my examples). The sexual desire would be of being in charge and ruling the encounter in some way.

Would you also say that it could mean a desire to establish something solid (such as a family, or lasting relationship) as a result of the shared sexuality?

magicjack

I think I understand what you are saying. The Emperer is powerful in his sexuality while having a moral compass so to speak? I think maybe it's not so much about feelings but more of passion. It's more planned than just an idea out of the blue. Not so spontaneous. Of course regarding the situation of other cards, ect...I get a domineering , controlling, possibly even dangerous vibe using status as well. Easy to give in to the Emperor whether a good or bad situation.

EnchantedOne

@magicjack

I think I understand what you are saying. The Emperer is powerful in his sexuality while having a moral compass so to speak? I think maybe it's not so much about feelings but more of passion. It's more planned than just an idea out of the blue. Not so spontaneous. Of course regarding the situation of other cards, ect...I get a domineering , controlling, possibly even dangerous vibe using status as well. Easy to give in to the Emperor whether a good or bad situation.

Yes you understand exactly what I was saying (a strong yet moral sexuality). Yet you bring some extremely insightful points I didn't quite think of. Such as a planned approach (which makes perfect sense considering the nature of The Emperor), as well as a the possibility of danger for various reasons.

So The Emperor as the desire itself (not the personality of the man/woman having the desire) may be more controlled? For example, maybe a sexual desire only felt at specific and appropriate times. The person is not distracted by it during work, during dinner, or while grocery shopping. It comes only when it can be felt fully without distraction, like during a long evening walk or alone in bed. Yet once it comes it is something they give in to whether good or bad (b/c their desire is easy to give in to, as the desire itself is The Emperor). Then the desire may manifest as fantasies about dominating or controlling a sexual encounter in some way?

Ruby Jewel

1.) Unless you are saying sexual desire in and of itself is a vulnerability, none of the examples I gave have anything to do with vulnerability. All were about exercising leadership / control in one way or another (this is NOT the Page of Cups or something).

2.) I see how one could say The Emperor is void of desire (hence my last example), however, I consider it foolish to not consider the fact that The Emperor epitomizes a leader/ ruler. All leaders are full of desire (various kinds), that is how they become leaders in the first place. Having the ability to control / utilize them skillfully and successfully does not mean they do not exist.

3.) I am NOT talking about a person, so there is nobody to "save". The Emperor in the hypothetical situation is the DESIRE not the person. If the DESIRE itself is The Emperor what would that mean?

I'm talking about the Emperor as representing a personality. Power/control and sexuality are mutually exclusive unless one is a sadist. The Emperor in the tarot is the citadel of power and control. His post requires a facade of invulnerability. Authentic sensuality requires one to relinquish the facade. Removing the mask renders one vulnerable. I am saying the Emperor cannot do that.

EnchantedOne

I'm talking about the Emperor as representing a personality. Leadership/control and sexuality are mutually exclusive unless one is a sadist. The Emperor in the tarot is the citadel of power and control, which is a duty that requires a facade of invulnerability. Authentic sensuality requires one to relinquish the facade. Removing the mask renders one vulnerable. I am saying the Emperor cannot do that.

....but why would you be speaking of The Emperor as a personality when that's not what this thread is about? This thread is about The Emperor not representing a person but the desire itself. Thus the actual person can have the personality of any card. For example, he/she may have the personality of The Hermit (Virgo), but their sexual desire for a specific person is The Emperor, while their sexual desire for a past love interest was The Page of Cups.

I agree that authentic, soul-unifying sex requires vulnerability. However, for you to say that leadership / control (The Emperor) and sexuality (which can be anything from tender and soft to wild and raunchy) are mutually exclusive, is not true. It would only be true for the type of sexuality you speak of. A sexual desire in which the man or the woman desires to dominate their partner sexually (which The Emperor could possibly represent) does not require vulnerability at all. Yet that would not make them void of sexual desire. It would just not be a vulnerable sexual desire.

Ruby Jewel

....but why would you be speaking of The Emperor as a personality when that's not what this thread is about? This thread is about The Emperor not representing a person but the desire itself. Thus the actual person can have the personality of any card. For example, he/she may have the personality of The Hermit (Virgo), but their sexual desire for a specific person is The Emperor, while their sexual desire for a past love interest was The Page of Cups.

I agree that authentic, soul-unifying sex requires vulnerability. However, for you to say that leadership / control (The Emperor) and sexuality (which can be anything from tender and soft to wild and raunchy) are mutually exclusive, is not true. It would only be true for the type of sexuality you speak of. A sexual desire in which the man or the woman desires to dominate their partner sexually (which The Emperor could possibly represent) does not require vulnerability at all. Yet that would not make them void of sexual desire. It would just not be a vulnerable sexual desire.

The title of your post is "Emperor as Sexual Feeling....", hence, I speak of the Emperor as a personality without sexual feeling. So, you can apply his asexual feelings to any card in the deck and it will come to the same conclusion because the Emperor is a symbol of power and control, not sex and desire, whether "raunchy" or not. That is just the way I see it as I prefer not to imbue the card with extraneous attributes. On the other hand, you are entitled to see the card any way you choose or use it to play any game you wish. I'm just not a player because I take the tarot to be a serious divination tool. Not to worry though.....carry on with your fun.