Don't give up your study group!

Briar Rose

Hang in there everyone. Don't give up your study group. You can do it!

Little Baron

What provoked this HV?

I have learnt some stuff from my study group. And I am bonding with my decks because of it.

But neither of the study groups I am in are very active and I did consider just giving it up and writing in a spiral note pad instead.

It seems that study groups are 'sooo yesterday'.

A large proportion of people on here don't want to study, study, study decks.

They just want to buy, buy, buy decks, one after the other.

LB

dadsnook2000

For LittleBuddha

I agree with your perception about preferring to take the easy route rather than study. This I have found to be especially true in Astrology where so many start and so few actually make progress. Tarot is an easier task in terms of the range of subject matter and the amount of time needed to achieve adequate competency. Tarot mastery is another thing -- like astrology, it is open ended.

Part of learning and doing is recognized that others will not always follow far along your path. But some will. So, we help all who ask. AT certainly is the helpful place (unlike Ace Hardware and their spokesman, Bill Madden the football expert -- they use that tag line in advertising). Dave

Briar Rose

LittleBuddha said:
What provoked this HV?

LB

because me and a few others have been working vey hard at the OshoZen study group. We have a suit and a half left, and we're finished. I wasn't there for the Majors. :neutral:

Looks like I'm done with the Minors I'll go thoruhg the Majors.

armonia

Tenacity and Persistence

Heavensvault: I have been completely out of the loop for a couple of weeks now, and meanwhile, I was the one who suggested the study group on the osho zen minors, so you are to be truly admired for you tenacity and persistence. It is my hope to still go back and comment on all the cards I've missed. I hope you are impervious to unmitigated criticism.