Do very extra-ordinary events occur during astrological transits?

promugulus

I know that some out of the ordinary events occur during transits but do some really extra-ordinary events happen,like for instance someone becoming physically powerfully attracted to someone permanently(was told in a tarot reading by a tarot reader that i'd be powerfully attracted to someone during a transit)?coz i read from the internet that in a certain transit,a person looks more attractive than he/she normally is,so is this the case in what i explained earlier or is it different altogether?

Minderwiz

Transits can be viewed in a number of ways. Originally (and still in horoscope columns) a transit was simply a passage of a planet through a Sign of the Zodiac. When equal house and quadrant house systems came in it meant the passage of a planet through one of the houses of your chart and affected the affairs of that house).

Later on it came to mean the period in which a planet passing through a house or sign applied by aspect to the position of a planet (either the same or a different planet) in your natal chart.

Your tarot reader almost certainly used the term in the last sense. As a relatively short period or even a moment in time when something is triggered in your life. A lot of Astrologers seem to either believe that something must happen at that point and that something could be life changing (though it could equally well be trivial). They also seem to hold that if that something is not observable that doesn't mean that nothing has happened, the event must be a psychological change.

Of itself the Tarot reader's prediction is of little value or meaning Unless they told you which planet was transiting which other planet and more importantly when (or at least roughly when) that would happen.

It's very likely that you will fall in love under a transit, because there are rarely times when a transit is not happening. The Astrological skill is to predict which transit. Personally my feeling is that requires knowedge of wider Astrological situation for that person. And that wider situation will depend on more long term trends. So for example a transit by or to Venus or your fifth house ruler (romance) or your seventh house ruler (marriage and relationships) might trigger such a feeling but only when those planets happen to be particularly active in your life. To have such a powerful attraction would require a combination of factors in which the transit acted as a trigger. That would not happen each time a transit of or by that planet happened but only when there are strongly supporting influences.

It's difficult to go any further without more information on what you were told, assuming you were told any more than you've relayed.

promugulus

Transits can be viewed in a number of ways. Originally (and still in horoscope columns) a transit was simply a passage of a planet through a Sign of the Zodiac. When equal house and quadrant house systems came in it meant the passage of a planet through one of the houses of your chart and affected the affairs of that house).

Later on it came to mean the period in which a planet passing through a house or sign applied by aspect to the position of a planet (either the same or a different planet) in your natal chart.

Your tarot reader almost certainly used the term in the last sense. As a relatively short period or even a moment in time when something is triggered in your life. A lot of Astrologers seem to either believe that something must happen at that point and that something could be life changing (though it could equally well be trivial). They also seem to hold that if that something is not observable that doesn't mean that nothing has happened, the event must be a psychological change.

Of itself the Tarot reader's prediction is of little value or meaning Unless they told you which planet was transiting which other planet and more importantly when (or at least roughly when) that would happen.

It's very likely that you will fall in love under a transit, because there are rarely times when a transit is not happening. The Astrological skill is to predict which transit. Personally my feeling is that requires knowedge of wider Astrological situation for that person. And that wider situation will depend on more long term trends. So for example a transit by or to Venus or your fifth house ruler (romance) or your seventh house ruler (marriage and relationships) might trigger such a feeling but only when those planets happen to be particularly active in your life. To have such a powerful attraction would require a combination of factors in which the transit acted as a trigger. That would not happen each time a transit of or by that planet happened but only when there are strongly supporting influences.

It's difficult to go any further without more information on what you were told, assuming you were told any more than you've relayed.
think the astrologer mentioned something about a pluto-uranus(slow planets) cycle & jupiter also having some influence though i'm not quite sure..plus the transit was supposed to last 59 days.

Minderwiz

think the astrologer mentioned something about a pluto-uranus(slow planets) cycle & jupiter also having some influence though i'm not quite sure..plus the transit was supposed to last 59 days.

Pluto takes about 246 years to complete a cycle of the Zodiac, whereas Uranus takes about 84 years. So you won't live through even a Pluto opposition to it's natal placement. On the other hand you may well live through an entire Uranus cycle.

If you take a cycle between conjunctions between Uranus and Pluto, the last conjunction was in 1965 -66 and the one before that was 1850-51. So we're talking about sextile, Square or Trine. Given that a lot of Modern Astrologers associate Pluto with power and transformation and Uranus with Revolution and Eccentricity (though it's actually Pluto that has an eccentric orbit).

Now this is where I think your Tarot reader it taking their description of powerful change and extra-ordinary events.

What I don't know is if the Tarot reader was referring to this as a 'live event' or whether the reference was to transiting Uranus aspecting natal Pluto or Transiting Pluto aspecting natal Uranus (which depends a lot on your age.).

In terms of the event. There have been seven squares between these planets between June 2012 and April 2015 - so if this is what was referred to the event should have occured by now, though if a fairly wide orb is used, then they may still be treating the square as being in force. The same interpretation may well be given for the aspect between transiting and natal planets.

My feeling would be that it's the 'live' event which they were referring to but I can't be positive.

Jupiter would pin the time down more closely. Jupiter's cycle is approximately 12 year, so it spends an average of one year in a sign. or it moves just over a tenth of a degree per day. 59 days would therefore be just under one degree.

It's not clear whether they meant transiting Jupiter or natal Jupiter. The last time these three planets were in exact aspect was April 2014, when Jupiter in Cancer opposed Pluto in Capricorn and Pluto squared Uranus in Aries. And it's configuration that I would think they are referring to. The month and year of your reading would confirm or disprove that (unless the reading was after that date and you'd already fallen in love).

But if it's that configuration of April 2014 that is referred to then there's another problem. Unless you gave them your date, time and place of birth, they had no way of knowing if this configuration had any specific meaning for you because everyone who was alive on that date experienced the same event - thats about 7 billion people and they didn't all fall into a powerful and extraordinary love.

I have to say that personally, I think Pluto is not the powerful transformative force that Astrologers see it as. Nor do I see Uranus as revolutionary, quixotic, and extraordinary. So I would not take it as seriously as your Tarot reader did. That doesn't rule out the possiblity of the prediction coming true under another combination of astrological factors. But without a natal chart there's no way to link you to this or any other configuration of transiting planets.

Without your chart I can't say more, other than I'm making the assumption that the predicted event hasn't happened, but that's based solely on your question and follow up.

micah

I'm just a beginner in astrology, are you going through your venus return promugulus?
Sometimes these manifest as being very attractive and attracting, along with natal progressions, the current transits activating (progressed, natal) houses etc.

Minderwiz

I'm just a beginner in astrology, are you going through your venus return promugulus?
Sometimes these manifest as being very attractive and attracting, along with natal progressions, the current transits activating (progressed, natal) houses etc.

That's a good question to ask. And well worth an answer as Venus is a real possibility as at least a contributory cause.

The problem lies in how much specific astrological information about promugulus the Tarot reader had when they made the prediction. That could range from none at all and they relied solely on Pluto Uranus and Jupiter, in which case Venus would have been problematic in their prediction.

The might have known Promugulus' Sun sign and used a simple horoscope column technique - one possible way might be if Promugulus was a Sun Sign Capricorn, then Capricorn would be taken as the first house and Cancer the seventh. With Jupiter in exaltation in the seventh, the house of marriage, and Pluto in the first house of self, squaring Uranus in the fourth house of family and home, I can see how the prediction would have been made (that is not to say that I agree with it). It would also work by having Promugulas a Sun Sign Cancer. All the three transiting planets would be angular in the assumed chart. These are not the only ways that a Sun Sign approach would work but it shows how it might be done.

Lastly they might have had Promugulus' natal details. In that case the possibility of a Venus return could have had an influence of the predicition.

Hopefully Promugulus will post supply a bit more information and we can take a look to see whether the Venus Return was operative. If it was, you can give yourself a big pat on the back. :)