Grand Trines, Yods, T-Crosses, Multiple Planet Squares, & Etc.

LifesALoofah

Soooo,... I searched the forum for information on "Grand Trines" & I saw a couple about them, but not a lot, so, hopefully the mods will let this post stay. :D

So, I want to understand more about Grand Trines (I have a Grand Water Trine in my own chart between Venus (Cancer)/North Node(Pisces)/Pluto(Scorpio)), a Multiple Planet Square, & a LOT of Yods!)

I want to know if 1) Can someone please explain to me how these aspects have played-out for you in your own chart?! & 2) How would you explain Yods?! They refer to them as "The Finger of God" because it's a concentration of energy & they also come at different times in your life as life-lessons (says the website). I would just like to know how have these aspects played-out for you?

If anyone cares, this is a neat website that will tell you what "special" aspects you have in your chart. When it's generated, just click "Chart Settings" so you can see all your aspects in play:

http://astro-charts.com

And anyone else with a Grand Water Trine (or any Grand Trine) for that matter, can you please give me a POV of how these have played-out for you through-out your lifetime? According to astrology, I'm still a kid (27) & my Saturn Return hasn't happened, yet. Soooo,... I feel like older ones may be able to explain better, also (but, anyone can put anything, because of free will, but, IJS).

TIA!

Minderwiz

Soooo,... I searched the forum for information on "Grand Trines" & I saw a couple about them, but not a lot, so, hopefully the mods will let this post stay. :D

No problem at all! You're welcome to post about this.

LifesALoofah said:
So, I want to understand more about Grand Trines (I have a Grand Water Trine in my own chart between Venus (Cancer)/North Node(Pisces)/Pluto(Scorpio)), a Multiple Planet Square, & a LOT of Yods!)

Don't know about your Yods, but sadly, you don''t have a Grand Trine. In order for an aspect pattern to form, each component must be capable of casting and receiving aspects. The North Node (and indeed the South Node) can receive an aspect but they can't cast one. They are a point in space with nothing there. They may be a sensitive point, but they can't cast an aspect.

The same is true of the Ascendant, MC, Descendant, IC and a host of other points that Astrologers use. The only way that you could have a Grand Trine is to have a planet in close conjunction with the North Node.

You can read more about the ideas of the aspect patterns here:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Personally, I'd advise you to look at the component aspects in any configuration and try to interpret them first. The element balance is an idea which has good standing in Astrology but when you come down to trying to link aspects solely by the sign of the planets in those aspect, you miss out the essential part. Trines between Jupiter, Venus and the Moon are always different than trines between Saturn, Mars and Mercury, no matter what the quality of the signs. At best they add some modification to the qualities.

LifesALoofah said:
I want to know if 1) Can someone please explain to me how these aspects have played-out for you in your own chart?! & 2) How would you explain Yods?! They refer to them as "The Finger of God" because it's a concentration of energy & they also come at different times in your life as life-lessons (says the website). I would just like to know how have these aspects played-out for you?

I hope that someone is going to respond to your Yod question. Personally I have grave doubts about them, mainly because they include the so called quincunx. Strictly speaking the quincunx is not an aspect. Indeed it is one of the configurations that were originally called inconjunct or averse. The fact that it isn't an aspect doesn't mean that nothing is going on. The original meaning was not far off from the meaning today. That is, it's a state of not being able to see the other planet (person or idea) and therefore not reacting or accommodating to what that planet represents.

That might well be useful to you but the concentration of energy is very doubtful. The sextile is the weakest of the major aspects and any energy involved in an inconjunct comes to nothing (though that failure may demand adjustment to deal with the two facets of life that are involved.

Again you need to take into account the planets that are involved and the houses involved and what the roles of those planets are in your chart.

Modern theory is that aspects are constantly in play. Traditional views, especially early ones would fit to your description of Yods as being significant only at certain times. That is activation requires something besides the aspect and even besides a transiting planet. The issue is finding how and when those triggers are going to be activated. In Vedic Astrology and early Western Astrology there were systems of Time Lords, that indicated when an aspect or a house was activated. Modern Western Astrology lacks the equivalent of the Dasha systems of a Vedic Astrology, which is a pity because one thing you could explore is when and indeed whether, the Yods become activated at certain predefined times.

LifesALoofah

No problem at all! You're welcome to post about this.

Bless you! Thanks! :)

Don't know about your Yods, but sadly, you don''t have a Grand Trine. In order for an aspect pattern to form, each component must be capable of casting and receiving aspects. The North Node (and indeed the South Node) can receive an aspect but they can't cast one. They are a point in space with nothing there. They may be a sensitive point, but they can't cast an aspect.

The same is true of the Ascendant, MC, Descendant, IC and a host of other points that Astrologers use. The only way that you could have a Grand Trine is to have a planet in close conjunction with the North Node.

Okay, no worries! I'm just going what I've read on the other websites! They included the loose Trines with other bodies as a Grand Trine. That's why I put it! LOL! I'm happy with my chart! LOL! Didn't pan out so badly! It was just that I saw where it could've been somewhat true since a lot of things happen sort of "luckily" for me!

You can read more about the ideas of the aspect patterns here:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

Personally, I'd advise you to look at the component aspects in any configuration and try to interpret them first. The element balance is an idea which has good standing in Astrology but when you come down to trying to link aspects solely by the sign of the planets in those aspect, you miss out the essential part. Trines between Jupiter, Venus and the Moon are always different than trines between Saturn, Mars and Mercury, no matter what the quality of the signs. At best they add some modification to the qualities.

I enjoy CafeAstrology, but, I wish she'd update the website just a tad more! Her aspects are on POINT! It's one of my favorite sites! & I agree! I'd see those Trines as more flowing Jupiter/Moon/Venus trines as more of a flowing of energies than Saturn/Mars/Mercury! Likes you said, no matter the house, it's an adjustment how it would operate in your house!

I hope that someone is going to respond to your Yod question. Personally I have grave doubts about them, mainly because they include the so called quincunx. Strictly speaking the quincunx is not an aspect. Indeed it is one of the configurations that were originally called inconjunct or averse. The fact that it isn't an aspect doesn't mean that nothing is going on. The original meaning was not far off from the meaning today. That is, it's a state of not being able to see the other planet (person or idea) and therefore not reacting or accommodating to what that planet represents.

That might well be useful to you but the concentration of energy is very doubtful. The sextile is the weakest of the major aspects and any energy involved in an inconjunct comes to nothing (though that failure may demand adjustment to deal with the two facets of life that are involved.

Again you need to take into account the planets that are involved and the houses involved and what the roles of those planets are in your chart.

Modern theory is that aspects are constantly in play. Traditional views, especially early ones would fit to your description of Yods as being significant only at certain times. That is activation requires something besides the aspect and even besides a transiting planet. The issue is finding how and when those triggers are going to be activated. In Vedic Astrology and early Western Astrology there were systems of Time Lords, that indicated when an aspect or a house was activated. Modern Western Astrology lacks the equivalent of the Dasha systems of a Vedic Astrology, which is a pity because one thing you could explore is when and indeed whether, the Yods become activated at certain predefined times.

That's what I'm saying! No one has a lot of information on Yods! I feel like I need to enroll in a whole course! I see everything about T-cross & Kites & such, but, no one seems to know about the Yods and they'd operate in your chart! My question is, why label something that doesn't exist?! Got any books or courses you'd recommend me buy or enroll in?! Reason being is because I see very little information on: quincux, octiles, semisesquadrate, etc. Anything will do! I'm willing to invest! Thanks!

That's what I was wondering about! I've finally delved into Vedic Astrology! I like how more exact it is than Western Astrology! Western is more centered, where Vedic will say how the Planet affects the House that it is facing! & It makes MUCHO sense!

This website include the asteroids in their Trines. Many websites warn that many astrologers don't include the Nodes, Asteroids & etc. because one isn't a body, but a point, but, she has pointed out in celebrities where she says they were existent:

https://darkstarastrology.com/grand-trine/

I hope someone comes in here and explains the Yods, too! Thanks for letting everything stay, LOL!

Minderwiz

Bless you! Thanks! :)

That's what I'm saying! No one has a lot of information on Yods! I feel like I need to enroll in a whole course! I see everything about T-cross & Kites & such, but, no one seems to know about the Yods and they'd operate in your chart! My question is, why label something that doesn't exist?! Got any books or courses you'd recommend me buy or enroll in?! Reason being is because I see very little information on: quincux, octiles, semisesquadrate, etc. Anything will do! I'm willing to invest! Thanks!

Well some modern Astrologers are very good at inventing things :) And they have a habit of 'flavour of the month' approaches. Every new body that's discovered is immediately pounced on. Out of this the addition of ever increasing number of bodies, and invention of new points, comes a situation where the probability of something seeming significant is increasing all the time.

Personally I spent about five minutes on Yods, and discarded them, but I don't want you to take my word. See what you can find.

LifesALoofah said:
That's what I was wondering about! I've finally delved into Vedic Astrology! I like how more exact it is than Western Astrology! Western is more centered, where Vedic will say how the Planet affects the House that it is facing! & It makes MUCHO sense!

That's because it has a 2,000 year tradition that is virtually uninterrupted. Yes there is development and innovation but it's built on a solid corpus of knowledge. That situation died out in the West around 600CE , It was paritially revived by the Persians and Arabs around 800CE but died out again as a serious force around 1700CE.

From about 1900 it was reintroduced but without much idea of its past. It's now a mush, compared to Vedic Astrology.

LifesALoofah said:
This website include the asteroids in their Trines. Many websites warn that many astrologers don't include the Nodes, Asteroids & etc. because one isn't a body, but a point, but, she has pointed out in celebrities where she says they were existent:

https://darkstarastrology.com/grand-trine/

That might be what she claims but that doesn't make it so. You also need to ask if the same thing could be deduced by more conventional means. However, I think you need to explore hat you can find (and that you can't find much may well be an indicator that there's not much to find. Drawing lines in red and blue on a chart and turning them into patterns doesn't necessarily reveal the secrets of the universe. :)

When you've finished your research, I think you might return and look at Vedic Astrology. I think you'll get a lot more out of it.

Good luck and keep dropping in

LifesALoofah

Well some modern Astrologers are very good at inventing things :) And they have a habit of 'flavour of the month' approaches. Every new body that's discovered is immediately pounced on. Out of this the addition of ever increasing number of bodies, and invention of new points, comes a situation where the probability of something seeming significant is increasing all the time.

Personally I spent about five minutes on Yods, and discarded them, but I don't want you to take my word. See what you can find.

That's because it has a 2,000 year tradition that is virtually uninterrupted. Yes there is development and innovation but it's built on a solid corpus of knowledge. That situation died out in the West around 600CE , It was paritially revived by the Persians and Arabs around 800CE but died out again as a serious force around 1700CE.

From about 1900 it was reintroduced but without much idea of its past. It's now a mush, compared to Vedic Astrology.

That might be what she claims but that doesn't make it so. You also need to ask if the same thing could be deduced by more conventional means. However, I think you need to explore hat you can find (and that you can't find much may well be an indicator that there's not much to find. Drawing lines in red and blue on a chart and turning them into patterns doesn't necessarily reveal the secrets of the universe. :)

When you've finished your research, I think you might return and look at Vedic Astrology. I think you'll get a lot more out of it.

Good luck and keep dropping in

I'll bump the thread up if I find anything! LOL! You're right! I've noticed that Chart-readers always have something "new" & "amazing" & "rare" that pop-up a lot! So far, I understand every major aspect in my chart, but, I'm fairly new to Vedic since I have to figure-out what affects what & etc. (smh,... They need a college major for that!) Anyways, thanks a lot! :) B)