Planets-Between-Partners Series: Sun-Saturn

Northwind

Ummmm .... I misread the theme of the thread. Neither of us has a Sun/Saturn connection :). Sorry.

stardancer

isthmus nekoi said:
p.s. stardancer wow, thanks for sharing your story. If you don't mind my asking, what signs are your moons in?

We have love and fun. There's just a keen sense of duty in there. The duty outweighs the fun, or is the fun. We rarely go out, usually staying home to work (and argue) beside each other, or relax and work on our own special projects. I don't see this as bad, but another couple would probably have kittens if they never went out to dinner on a regular basis.

My moon is Taurus and his is Aquarius. They are in square by sign only.

dadsnook2000

Saturn's own way of doing things

stardancer, it does seem that "difficult" Saturn-Sun relationships between partners do indeed tend to develop a "structure" (a Saturn word) within the relationship that permits each to have their own space as well as set some rules to live (survive?) by. As with any pair of charts, I often find that there are other compensations that permit the relationship to not only work out but to actually be productive and stable.

It's just that it isn't easy some days. Dave

star-lover

isthmus nekoi said:
I don't know if having a natal Saturn-sun contact makes a synastry Saturn less potent but certainly the native is used to the Saturn pressure so it might not seem so oppressive and I think that's what you mean... I'm not sure if it facilitates a helping attitude but I agree there is potential for a shared understanding. This actually one thing I'll look at in relationships - if there are similar planetary contacts in natal charts. e.g. If other aspects are good, I get on very well w/people who have Venus-Neptune contacts b/c I have Venus-Neptune conjunct. I feel like we can understand art the same way. Maybe not the same type of art, but there's a sympatico, an understanding of what it's like to get lost in art, drown in art, be redeemed by art etc.

?

yes that is what I meant
and yes i agree with sympathy with similar natal aspects - same person in question has venus conjunct neptune and i have too - his is more a tight aspect than mine - as i said our birthdays are days within each other/same year - and music (specially 60s/70s soul) and understanding/feeling of it has been one of the empathic connections between us

back to saturn - i think saturn connections are important, even the harder ones, without them there is no concrete in the relationship

stardancer

dadsnook2000 said:
It's just that it isn't easy some days. Dave

Hehe, all the planets other may start the relationship, but it takes Saturn to keep it going after all the Neptunes and Venuses run out of steam.

star-lover

stardancer said:
Hehe, all the planets other may start the relationship, but it takes Saturn to keep it going after all the Neptunes and Venuses run out of steam.

actually i disagree
what if it is saturn that starts relationships (easy or difficult aspects - many a time difficult ones) - after all we all want what we think is the *real deal*

but you need the nice cocktail of other lovely aspects to make it a good happy relationship - then youre laughing!!!
if they arent there in a significant amount you get all the negative saturn stuff on its own and who wants that lol
come a uranus transit and it quickly gets blown to pieces
what i mean to say, you get the saturn cement which will ensure its a significant relationship but without the lovely dovey and fun venus moon jupiter neptune ones - its in deep trouble no?

stardancer

to star-lover

Hmm, I just think things tend to start with the romance, not the Saturn influence, although if you have a relationship that starts Saturn, maybe both people are very comfortable with that, and have a really fulfilled life. Their Venus IS Saturn. Like a person with Saturn in conjunction with their Sun, Moon or Venus, etc. I don't think Saturn is total negativity, and I have always had a problem with lack of freedom. But now I'm grown up enough to realize you need Saturn to accomplish anything real.

star-lover

stardancer said:
to star-lover

Hmm, I just think things tend to start with the romance, not the Saturn influence,, .

i know, i agree with you it does start with the romance, but i also believe theres always a saturn influence somewhere for that to start - what I mean to say is there is hardly any point if theres no saturn

but thats just from personal experience talking, i've never had a relationship however lshort lived (2 and a half days was the shortest!!! though there was so much uranus in it ) without a strong strong saturn aspect or more in there

ok digressing from point of this thread now - i think we can agree that SATURN is a MUST HAVE in any significant relationship?

isthmus nekoi

star-lover said:
ok digressing from point of this thread now - i think we can agree that SATURN is a MUST HAVE in any significant relationship?

Saturn is always going to be present, so are you suggesting that a challenging Saturn-sun connection or strong Saturn aspect(s) are necessary for any long term relationship?

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but we do have to be careful in terms of drawing any conclusions based on a small sample of replies; people who have significant relationships w/o challenging Saturn influences aren't weighing their thoughts in here.

isthmus nekoi

stardancer said:
I don't see this as bad, but another couple would probably have kittens if they never went out to dinner on a regular basis.

My moon is Taurus and his is Aquarius. They are in square by sign only.

I'd have elephants lol. Thanks for sharing :)